Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi everyone Firstly, I'm relatively new to Linux, so please bear with me if this is a basic and/or stupid question. I am running a dual-boot system (Ubuntu Studio and ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Compro T300 TV card on dual-boot system

Hi everyone

Firstly, I'm relatively new to Linux, so please bear with me if this is a basic and/or stupid question.

I am running a dual-boot system (Ubuntu Studio and XP), in which I have a Compro T300 TV card installed.

Within XP, everything initially worked perfectly. However, after running an Ubuntu session, then returning to Windows, I found that I could no longer access the digital tuner (the T300 is a digital/analogue hybrid). The digital TV option was greyed out in the supplied software, and alternative DVB-T software would not recognise the card.

After some investigation, I found that if I cycle the hard power switch on the PSU, the problem clears itself. Whatever state Ubuntu is "locking" the card in is reset when the power is removed. Obviously though I'd like a permanent solution, if this is at all possible.

Is there some way of resetting the card I presume this would happen during Ubuntu shutdown without having to cut the power? Does anyone know how to do this? Or is there another way around this problem?

Most grateful for any advice anyone can offer.

Linux Newbie
    The only thing that I can recommend for you is Tvtime which can be found in Add/Remove Programs.