Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello everybody, I know there's another post about this, but it is quite old and incomplete, so I try a new one. I installed Warcraft II with dosemu, it worked, ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Warcraft II with Dosemu

Hello everybody,

I know there's another post about this, but it is quite old and incomplete, so I try a new one.

I installed Warcraft II with dosemu, it worked, but when I want to start the single player game, it asks for the CD. I have the CD, and installed the game from that CD but the program does not seem to recognize it.

What I understood from the other thread is, that I should change config.sys and autoexec.bat, but it doesn't explain WHAT to change.

Could someone help ?

Thanks

Linux Guru
    Point us to the other thread so we can review it. I don't have WCII to test it.

Just Joined!
    here it is
    Thanks

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Guru
    I have litle experience with dosemu, however it should work very similar to the old dos stuff, so, you first need to load the controller in config.sys

Code:
    devicehigh=d:\dosemu\cdrom.sys
    Then, looking at the sample autoexec.bat that I have, you must need to add (or uncomment if it's there already) this line:

Code:
    lredir e: linux\fs/media/cdrom c
    If the line is present but there's a "rem" in front of it, then just remove the rem to uncomment the line so it takes effect.

I guess that "/media/cdrom" must be changed by whatever the mount point of your cdrom is. And you might need to mount your cdrom before you launch dosemu.

However, if warcraft II supports it, I would try locating between the wcII files a cfg or ini file, and see if the cdrom path is there. If it is there, you might be able to copy the whole cdrom to a location in your hd and adjust it accordingly in the cfg file, so you won't need a cdrom to play, which is always kind of annoying.