Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi all, I want to record live audio stream content from internet. These audio streams are broadcasted in the flash audio format, just like youtube hosts its video files using ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

How to record live audio stream

Hi all,
    I want to record live audio stream content from internet. These audio streams are broadcasted in the flash audio format, just like youtube hosts its video files using the adobe flash player.

v.sayikiran

Just Joined!
    It looks like you need to install MPlayer (if you don't have it already), and launch it with the -dumpstream option. For more details on this, check out Linux.com :: Listening to and recording audio and video streams with MPlayer

There's also a little more information on processing and converting flash files here: Linux.com :: How to convert YouTube videos to DivX or XviD

When I worked for a small internet radio station, we used StreamRipper (Welcome to Streamripper) to copy our shows to mp3. However, I do not believe it supports Flash.

Smile

The task is very easy:
    1. Install Audacity
    2. Ensure that it records from the Analog Mix
    3. Start to record with Audacity
    3. Start playing the file you want to record, and paralelly the audio stream will be recorded, so you will be able to manipulate with it (cut, normalize, export to mp3...)
    If you need a CD/DVD catalogizer, give a try to my program:
    http://www.kde-apps.org/content/show...content=100682
    Linux Usert#430188

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close