Find the answer to your Linux question:
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

.mp3 to .wav. to .rm

I don't have a question; I am posting this for the benefit of those who may be searching for information along these lines.

My family runs a business. I maintain and build the web site for the business. The radio station sends us commercials, and then I put them on the website. The commercials arrive in my email box in .mp3 format.

I put the commercials on the website in .rm format. RealProducer can be downloaded for free, and it comes in a flavor that is ported for Linux. Unfortunately, .mp3 cannot be turned directly in .rm files, but . wav files can be.

Mandrake 10.0 comes with a nice little program called Audacity. I can convert my .mp3 to .wav with this program. I then can use my free version of RealProducer to covert my new .wav file to .rm format.

Easy as pie.

Linux Engineer
    Farnborough, UK
    Good info.

Have used RealProducer on w32 in days gone by. Do they have RealProducer for linux?
    Lansbury's Lido

thekiadriver on #linuxforums - fleetingly

Linux Guru
    Soul-sucking registration required:

Registered Linux user #346571
    "All The Dude ever wanted was his rug back" - The Dude

4. $spacer_open
    At least they have a privacy guarantee:

"(Privacy guarantee: Real will not sell, rent or give away your email address or personal information.)"

Also, if you wanted to remain anonymous, I am sure you could make up a name, email, etc. and still get the download.