Find the answer to your Linux question:
When I double-click racer_0.5.4beta1-english.run I get a message saying it couldn't detect the character coding, and to be sure I wasn't trying to run a binary file. I've tried many ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Racer problem: character encoding or binary file?

When I double-click racer_0.5.4beta1-english.run I get a message saying it couldn't detect the character coding, and to be sure I wasn't trying to run a binary file. I've tried many different character codings, to no avail. I'm not even sure what a binary file is. I've only been using Linux for about a year, so I still have plenty to learn. How can I get this thing up and running?

Just Joined!
    Okay, I have it running, but it won't recognize my controller. It looked for it in /dev/js0, but it's actually in /dev/input/js0. I created a symbolic link, and on the terminal it says it finds the controller, but it still doesn't recognize anything in the game itself. It just reads "controllers found:0" Perhaps I should do something like at a new .ini file? Or just modify default.ini somehow. I have seen other posts stating that one should go to racer.ini and change mouse to genjoy, but there is no genjoy in default.ini for it to point to......

Just Joined!
    No one have any ideas?