Find the answer to your Linux question:
My friend has an eepc w\xandros on it. Is it possible for me to download games onto a sd flash card. I have ubuntu\vista on my system. She doesnt have ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Question xandros games

My friend has an eepc w\xandros on it. Is it possible for me to download games onto a sd flash card. I have ubuntu\vista on my system. She doesnt have internet access where she is at. And where would I get such games I was hoping to be able to get Yo Frankie! Or if anyone just knows where to get the games and I will just try it.

Quote Originally Posted by nunidawg View Post
    My friend has an eepc w\xandros on it. Is it possible for me to download games onto a sd flash card. I have ubuntu\vista on my system. She doesnt have internet access where she is at. And where would I get such games I was hoping to be able to get Yo Frankie! Or if anyone just knows where to get the games and I will just try it.
    The EEE PC will not be able to play Yo Frankie. My system barely runs it, and I have some pretty nice hardware. The video cards on those tiny devices simply won't be up to it. However, if you can find a game packaged in DEB format that doesn't have a lot of dependencies you could in theory install it on the EEE.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Just Joined!
    oh well thats ok. But where can i get some new\different games for it? just any game in DEB format? is that the only format? She is 13 and this is her 1st computer, so maybe a program to teach how to make her own games? But anyway I just want to know where to look, websites that i wont get junk

oh well thats ok. But where can i get some new\different games for it? just any game in DEB format? is that the only format? She is 13 and this is her 1st computer, so maybe a program to teach how to make her own games? But anyway I just want to know where to look, websites that i wont get junk
    Could you borrow the netbook and take it somewhere with a network connection? That would make installing things much easier. There are quite a few games available for Debian-based Linuxes (like Xandros) and it's easier to get all the dependencies they need if you're hooked up to the net and you let an automated system like apt-get retrieve them for you.

I'm not sure about a game-making program (but let me know if you find one, I have students that might be interested), but there are quite a few games listed on The Linux Game Tome.
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Just Joined!

Cool

well that goes back to my original question can i put the games onto a flash memory card? I did find an open source program to make games its called construct, found it from the website red ferret

well that goes back to my original question can i put the games onto a flash memory card?
    You should be able to. I can't think of why it wouldn't work.
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

well that goes back to my original question can i put the games onto a flash memory card? I did find an open source program to make games its called construct, found it from the website red ferret
    Yes, you can, and they should install just fine if you have all the proper dependencies. That's the rub. If you're absolutely set on doing this offline you're going to have to download DEB files for all the libraries and other system files each game needs. You'd be surprised how many a simple game can use. Frozen-bubble for instance uses no less than 15 different libraries as dependencies. They're small files (usually a couple dozen kilobytes) but you'll have to track them all down and install them manually.

You didn't answer my question earlier: is there any way you can borrow the EEE and take it to a spot with internet access? This will greatly simplify the process of finding dependencies.
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Just Joined!
    Yea I guees I can next time I go down there, was just going to send it in the mail. It has some games on it, the ones that came with it.

Just Joined!
    Oh this maybe a problem I forgot to mention the eee has no more memory or hardly any on the little 4G harddrive