Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello Naturally I'm newbie in linux and wanted to play Myth war II and got myself wine. Installing wine wasn't problem and it worked fine then I got MW II ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Unhappy Myth War II + Wine?

Hello
    Naturally I'm newbie in linux and wanted to play Myth war II and got myself wine.
    Installing wine wasn't problem and it worked fine then I got MW II from mw2.igg.com and installed it with wine which went smoothly and runned it. Wine runned update.exe which required to start the game with no problems...
    But the itself main thing the game came with Blank screen and even with terminal i couldn't figure out what would be wrong... So anyone know or has working mw II with wine coz I tried cedega but the installing thing goes waaaaay over my head + machine is lame acer mini laptop and linpus linux lite with fc 8... So any help would be appreciated how to get it work.

I looked at WineHQ and found that there is no information for Myth Wars II on there. (only Myth Online which I assume is the prequil) This means that for the most part you are treading in untested water (making you the resident expert...).

With any untested game there could be a lot of places to look. In the terminal, see if it identifies any dll's that it can't find. You may need to load those natively. Otherwise you might want to check your video settings. Actually, I've found that some games only work if you have certain video settings. For example: Worms world party required me to use an emulated desktop with resolution of 640x480. (You can access these settings by typing "winecfg" in a terminal.) I never figured out why, but it was the only thing that worked. Another game required that I was using 16 bit color. The color settings would need to be changed in your xorg.conf file.

Good luck hunting the problems. In the mean time, some expert over at winehq could decide they want to maintain that app as well. If you do figure out how to get it running properly you should post that here and consider submitting the solution to winehq.
    Linux since: 2001
    Gentoo since: 2004
    - - - - - - - -
    Translation:
    I fix things until they break.