Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Hello! I own a caffe bar and i would like to put in some 'Full size arcade video game' like those: Link 1 , Link 2 , link 3 But ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Imitating 'Full Size Video arcade game'

Hello!
    I own a caffe bar and i would like to put in some 'Full size arcade video game' like those: Link 1, Link 2, link 3
    But they're too expencive for me! So I'm wondering if there is any Linux Game, that can run like those... I could modify keyboard or joystick for buttons and stuff, but I need game with credits counter inside... Is there any possibility to do this? What about copyrights/license?

Please help me and thank You!
    (Sorry for my bad English...)

Quote Originally Posted by meeyouu View Post
    Hello!
    I own a caffe bar and i would like to put in some 'Full size arcade video game' like those: Link 1, Link 2, link 3
    But they're too expencive for me! So I'm wondering if there is any Linux Game, that can run like those... I could modify keyboard or joystick for buttons and stuff, but I need game with credits counter inside... Is there any possibility to do this? What about copyrights/license?

Please help me and thank You!
    (Sorry for my bad English...)
    If you're looking to use GPL-licensed Linux games for the arcade cabinet then copyrights and licenses don't enter into it. If, however, you're looking for something like a MAME cabinet you'll run into issues with copyright. Some companies sell pre-made, pre-licensed multiarcade cabinets you can pick up for a few hundred dollars.

https://www.timekiller.org/xmame/
    Dream Arcades – Home Arcade Machines - Arcade Cabinet Kits
    MAME Cabinet with Scart TV and MAMEWAH frontend
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Just Joined!
    Well thank you!
    And yes, Im looking for some free software... I already have the PC and the 'box' (wooden box with buttons on it). I just need software for linux OS (because it's free, fast and cool ).

Here's a few game-centered distributions you might look at:

Linux gaming - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Just Joined!
    TY!

Any other ideas?

(the MAME stuff doesnt work well for me, cause I cant use it on public place... so i need something else... the game-centered distros dont realy suit my needs neither (ive tried linux-gamers.net live DVD...))

Well, you can always take a boilerplate distribution of Linux and modify it to have all the arcade games you want. Regular Debian would probably work fine with that.
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Just Joined!
    Well this could be a problem... I do not have any knowledge about Linux programming and stuff... Thank You for Your responses! Ill try to find a solution...

Well this could be a problem... I do not have any knowledge about Linux programming and stuff... Thank You for Your responses! Ill try to find a solution...
    Don't get the wrong idea. Installing and uninstalling software on Debian requires no programming knowledge at all. If you know how to uninstall things in Microsoft Windows, you're pretty well set.
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Just Joined!
    Yes I kind of get it... installing and stuff... but I dont know witch games to install... I would love to use MAME but there's a problem with politics (as you said)...

Yes I kind of get it... installing and stuff... but I dont know witch games to install... I would love to use MAME but there's a problem with politics (as you said)...
    Well, what kinds of games do you want your patrons to be able to play? There's a number of arcade game clones out there (XGalaga, Nibbles, freedroid) as well as some arcade-friendly originals (Frozen-Bubble, Chromium). Personally, I'd start by looking at the Linux Game Tome:

The Linux Game Tome
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast