Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
You might as well forget about proprietary drivers for ATI. That ship has sailed. I've been distro-hopping for weeks trying to get Flash to work well on my daughter's computer, ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    htismaqe

You might as well forget about proprietary drivers for ATI. That ship has sailed.

I've been distro-hopping for weeks trying to get Flash to work well on my daughter's computer, and I've found that the open-source ATI drivers work just as well as anything. They're doing good work now with the kernel drivers and while they're not as good as the Nvidia propietary drivers, they're far better than the old ATI proprietary drivers.

If you're on Ubuntu (which is where I finally settled), you can also get upstream drivers regardless of your kernel version. I don't have the ability to post URLs because I don't yet have 15 posts, but just Google "tormod volden PPA" and you'll find them easily.

Just Joined!
    As a newbe of note I thought I was getting subliminal advertising from Linux, especially with google earth as the screen keeps flashing.
    But now all is explained as I have a ATI graphics card in my laptop...
    Thanks guys/gals, keep up the great work, but why do I still crave KFC ???

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    Quote Originally Posted by andyleysh View Post
    As a newbe of note I thought I was getting subliminal advertising from Linux, especially with google earth as the screen keeps flashing.
    But now all is explained as I have a ATI graphics card in my laptop...
    Thanks guys/gals, keep up the great work, but why do I still crave KFC ???
    It's those secret herbs and spices...
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2