Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
I've really been looking all over- and I just couldn't find any "taking care of little people" type of game that works under Linux; worse, most of those which you'd ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

I've really been looking all over- and I just couldn't find any "taking care of little people" type of game that works under Linux; worse, most of those which you'd normally play online (for example: all versions of Diner Dash)require either Adobe Shockwave Player, which does not work under Linux or, even worse, Microsoft Internet Explorer). Also, I understand they don't work in Wine very smoothly
    So, one last desperate question: isn't there anybody interested in creating/developing this kind of game?

Linux User
    This being an emergency, you could run Internet Exploder under wine to run the shockwave games. The only saving grace is that any malware it picks up will be contained.
    Registered Linux User #420832

Just Joined!
    Thanks, but it's not *that* much of an emergency. Once I said I won't touch Microsoft products again, I won't.

Linux User
    Have you thought of writing your own program in python? You might find that building your own program is actually more interesting than playing the game. However, if you have no interest in coding, just work on designing the perfect game, and maybe it will interest someone in coding it.

Just Joined!
    Well... I'm totally clueless about coding; maybe I could do some graphic design, but I'm not very knowledgeabole about it either

Linux User
    no-I meant design how you want the game to work-what actions should take place to get the desired results, and what actions produce undesired results, basically making the games you used to play into something even better.

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hal343 View Post
    no-I meant design how you want the game to work-what actions should take place to get the desired results, and what actions produce undesired results, basically making the games you used to play into something even better.
    OK... I'll be working on this

You probably want to have something like this?
    TOP Ubuntu/Linux/Windows games

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2