Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
I want to put a song on Youtube. So basically I am going to make a video with the album art throughout and then have the song as the audio. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Music Slideshow

I want to put a song on Youtube. So basically I am going to make a video with the album art throughout and then have the song as the audio.

How can I do this in Ubuntu, I have been trying for hours now.

I think what you need is a video editor if I f reading you correctly. There is Cinelerra and a few other "simple" video editors. I've used Open Movie Editor before and it's pretty easy. All require some getting used to though.
    Code:
    apt-get install openmovieeditor
    ...or look for it in Synaptic package manager.
    Linux Mint + IceWM Registered: #371367 New Members: click here

I tried and got 5 GB files with just audio and no video.

I tried Open Movie Editor, Cinelerra, Kino, Pitvi and Avidemuex.

Linux Guru
    The digiKam program has the option to create a mpeg slide show. This should be all you need.
    Please do not send Private Messages to me with requests for help. I will not reply.

Can I put music to it?

Linux Guru
    Yes, but I seem to have run into a problem. The mpeg slideshow option seems to be missing in the latest version of digiKam (ver 0.10.0). On another PC, I have ver 9.2, and that option is there.

Edit: It could be a distro thing. The version with the mpeg slideshow option is on Fedora 8. The version without it is on Ubuntu 9.04.
    Please do not send Private Messages to me with requests for help. I will not reply.

Linux Guru
    OK, the plugin for making a MPEG slideshow hasn't been ported to Qt4/ KDE4 yet. It is a Kipi Plugin, called MpegEncoder. That is why It isn't available on the latest version of Ubuntu.

What's QT4?

Hi mpg198,
    I use Ubuntu 9.04 and make slide shows with music that I put on DVDs that can play on the TV's DVD player. But I've never tried making something in a format for YouTube. What format do they accept?
    For my TV DVDs I use Audacity (to join multiple mp3 files), manDVD to make the slide show with sound (*.vob) and DeVeDe to make a movie.iso that I burn with brasero.

(I understand QT4 to be the "widget set" used by KDE, window controls, buttons etc, GNOME uses a different set, gtk-2.0. After a while you'll notice the difference when you run a program in Gnome and say this must have been written for KDE, k3B for example)

I am not sure exactly what format they accept. Probably most of the major ones. I know they accept WMV because Windows users use Windows Movie Maker which only exports to WMV (I hate WMV)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast