Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Originally Posted by Frylock2009 With the -newaudio option. Do I just add the path of the mp3 I want to add before the output file? ffmpeg -i /media/storage/desktop\ vids/Compiz.avi -newaudio ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.

Quote Originally Posted by Frylock2009 View Post
    With the -newaudio option. Do I just add the path of the mp3 I want to add before the output file?

ffmpeg -i /media/storage/desktop\ vids/Compiz.avi -newaudio /media/storage/mysharedfolder/metallica-unknown-orion.mp3 /media/storage/desktop\ vids/Compiz3.mpeg

"At least one output file must be specified" ??? Converted just fine to the mpeg without the "-newaudio" switch.
    Use quotes instead of the back-slashes you used for escaping the spaces in file names. Also put the -newaudio option and its argument after the output file name. Example:
    Code:
    ffmpeg -i "/media/storage/desktop vids/Compiz.avi"  "/media/storage/desktop vids/Compiz3.mpeg" -newaudio "/media/storage/mysharedfolder/metallica-unknown-orion.mp3"
    From the ffmpeg man pages:
    The "-newvideo", "-newaudio" and "-newsubtitle" options have to be specified
    immediately after the name of the output file to which you want to add them.
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

Well for some reason I'm getting "could not open /media/storage/mysharedfolder/metallica-unknown-orion.mp3. I tried copying to my home folder and converting to wav, hoping that was the problem. Still cant open. And thanx, didnt know about the "quotations"

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    From my reading, I haven't seen any examples of ffmpeg taking an argument with -newaudio. Don't know off-hand how you would tell it what file to use since I never used that argument before. Perhaps you need to use another -i inputfilename argument before the -newaudio. One thing I know is that I had to do a lot of experimenting to get it to do what I wanted, but always found that it was possible. A lot of the GUI audio/video tools use ffmpeg under the covers to do the heavy lifting.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    There is also a user q&a forum on the web site for ffmpeg. Go to: https://lists.mplayerhq.hu/mailman/listinfo/ffmpeg-user

I'll play around w/ it some more. Thanx for all the insight.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2