Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello, Friends I'm use openSUSE 11.0 I've a problem. All my dvd and cd disc with films and musics doesn't works in Kaffeine Kaffeine said: The source can't be read. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Unhappy [SOLVED] Why dvd and cd discs doesn't works in Kaffeine?

Hello, Friends
    I'm use openSUSE 11.0
    I've a problem. All my dvd and cd disc with films and musics doesn't works in Kaffeine
    Kaffeine said:
    The source can't be read. Maybe you don't have enough rights for this, or source doesn,t contain date (e. g: no disc in drive). (/dev/dvd)
    xine Error – Kaffeine Player ---- No plugin found to handle this resource (dvd://)

Another files(music, moves)which I download from Internet in Kaffeine works
    What's going on? I'm installed xine plugins for watching DVDs, DivX and more(libxine1-codecs)
    Why doesn't works dvd and cd discs?

I hope you understand me
    I know I make mistakes in my sentences I'm learning English

oz
    forum.guy
    Welcome to the forums!

You'll need libdvdcss installed to watch DVD movies, and you might need certain codecs for music. You can check this blog entry for some instructions on setting it up:

Things to do after installing openSUSE 11.0 | Ben Kevan's Blog
    oz

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    What ozar said. All (most) commercial DVD's are encrypted with CSS and limited in play by region codes. To run them on Linux with any video player you need the libdvdcss installed. I run commercial DVD's on my system with Kaffeine all the time.

As for CD's. they should play just fine, though I prefer to use VLC personally. What is the problem with music CD's that you are having, more specifically?
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

Just Joined!
    I'm installed libdvdcss and it's no helps. He's say again:
    No plugin found to handle this resource (dvd://)
    Details
    xine: cannot find input plugin for MRL [dvd://]
    xine: input plugin cannot open MRL [dvd://]
    xine: found input plugin : DVD Navigator

What is the problem with music CD's that you are having, more specifically?
    He's simple say : No audio CD found. I'm try run in Amarok and he is too no run.
    In Amarok
    Engage – Play Media – Storage Media – He say The KDEmediamanager is not running

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    I just referenced my notes that I kept when I was getting my system to work originally. I also had similar problems and needed to build Kaffeine from source to get it to work properly. Here is an excerpt from my notes. Perhaps they'll help you get it working.
    Audio, video and DVD playback.

Both VLC and Kaffeine will playback audio, video, and DVDs. I prefer Kaffeine for DVDs and VLC for audio and stand-alone video files.

I was able to build kaffeine 0.8.6 after changing the configure file to #include <cdda/cdda_interface.h> and to change the paranoia.h file to #include <cdda/cdda_interface.h> and <cdda/cdda_paranoia.h>. The original configuration was to not specify the sub-directory “cdda” first, so the system could not find the include files. Issued bug report to KDE Bugzilla (issue #156736).

Tested and played both non-protected and protected DVDs, both single and double-layer. using kaffeine. The menus work correctly, unlike with VLC.

One of the reasons why I built kaffeine from source was that the version 7.1 that is in the Red Hat / CentOS repositories wouldn't work for me either. What version do you have?

Just Joined!
    Sorry, I had a problem with the Internet. Now everything is OK
    I removed openSUSE 11.0 and set up openSUSE 11.1 and now DVD's and CD's all run well.
    Thanks for help