Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Installer cant read doom 3 pak 002 file help!!

Ok, I don't mean to preach, but asking a question in a clear way will help immensely those of us who are trying to answer your questions. I assume you're trying to install Doom 3, judging from the name of the file your "installer can't read"? If I'm wrong please tell us this:

1. The program you're trying to install
    2. The version of the installer, if applicable
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Just Joined!
    I went to doom 3 base folder and tried to lode it my selfe but did not work.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Again, the more specific you are with your questions/answers the easier it is for all of us to understand what you're doing. Are you now saying:

"Yes, I'm trying to install Doom 3 with the installer that I downloaded off the Id Software website, but it can't read pak002?"

Or are you saying you've already run the installer and copied the pak files and when you try to RUN the doom3 program it's crashing and telling you it can't read pak002? I need more details.
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Just Joined!
    Yes that is right the first one , Sorry never done this before.

Are you copying the files from the CDs by hand? (Sorry, I haven't actually run the Id installer myself yet..)

If you're new to forums in general there are some helpful posts in the Linux Newbie section about "Asking Good Questions"

http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/topic-1742.html
    http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/topic-6572.html
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Just Joined!
    OK i got the burned game started to install it and got about 75% done when it told me to check if file pak 002 exsists. I went into doom 3 base and it was there but when i tried to open it it got 10% done stoped.

Quote Originally Posted by Abe4060
    OK i got the burned game started to install it and got about 75% done when it told me to check if file pak 002 exsists. I went into doom 3 base and it was there but when i tried to open it it got 10% done stoped.
    Wait.. "burned" game? Are you trying to install the Linux client with a pirated copy of Doom 3? That may very well be what's causing the problem. If that's the case, I can't help you any further.
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Just Joined!
    NO im not trying to install enything from linux i just want to know if you know how to fix my pak 002. I dont even know what linux clint is .

Quote Originally Posted by Abe4060
    NO im not trying to install enything from linux i just want to know if you know how to fix my pak 002. I dont even know what linux clint is .
    "Linux client" is a term used to describe the program that accesses the data files for Doom 3 and allows you to play the game. If you're trying to install Doom 3 in Linux, you're trying to install the "linux client". Reading your post now, I'm REALLY confused. Are you having trouble installing the Microsoft Windows Installer for Doom 3??? If that's the case, you're in the wrong forum completely.

Also, I'm still confused by what you meant by this:

OK i got the burned game...
    Since the Doom 3 CDs are not available in ISO or "burnable" form, this makes me think you were talking about a copied or warez version of Doom 3. If I am wrong, please let me know because I will not help someone set up illegal software.
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast