Find the answer to your Linux question:
I finally got 3D acceleration working on my computer, so now I need some games. I've been wanting to try out Never Winter Nights for a long time now. I ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Guru

Never Winter Nights

I finally got 3D acceleration working on my computer, so now I need some games. I've been wanting to try out Never Winter Nights for a long time now. I was under the impression that like America's Army, there was a Linux version. All I can find on Google are three thousand Linux installers for the Windows version.

My questions are, is there a version of NWN for Linux? If so, where might I be able to find it? If not, should I just get NWN for Windows and d/l the the Linux installer? If so, has anyone here actually done this?

Thanks,
    Jeremy
    Registered Linux user #346571
    "All The Dude ever wanted was his rug back" - The Dude

Re: Never Winter Nights

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy1701
    My questions are, is there a version of NWN for Linux? If so, where might I be able to find it? If not, should I just get NWN for Windows and d/l the the Linux installer? If so, has anyone here actually done this?

Thanks,
    Jeremy
    YES! There is indeed a Linux client. I play it regularly. You can obtain it off of the Bioware website here:

http://nwn.bioware.com/downloads/linuxclient.html

It either requires you to download a 1GB set of game data and a client file, or copy data files from a MS Windows install and install the client file. I made a DVD with a full Windows install and the Linux client on it just so I wouldn't have to download it every time. The good news is, no CD checks! The Linux version doesn't need the CDs at all to play, just the key. So yes, to answer your other question, just buy the MS Windows CDs (I found mine at Half Price Books for $9.99USD) and use the key to install the Linux client.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Linux Guru
    Ah, thanks for that techieMoe. I'll go and get Eclipse right away. I mean NWN.

Jeremy
    Registered Linux user #346571
    "All The Dude ever wanted was his rug back" - The Dude

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close