Find the answer to your Linux question:
Dear Linux Gods, I have a couple music sites and i would love a program that is linux based and or windows based where it will be sort of like ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Can someone Help me Build Program?

Dear Linux Gods,

I have a couple music sites and i would love a program that is linux based and or windows based where it will be sort of like i-tunes it will call music and music videos from my site and people can download, listen, register on my site, create profiles and everything else but from the program. how hard or easy would this be to do?

I was thinking we can make a free version and a pay version for people who want to download free music and music videos and for the free version it will only show a certain amount of downloads and stuff until they purchase the full version and it will unlock the whole system for them, might be a great business venture for you programmers and builders out their. 1 site has over 2,000 + mp3s uploaded and the other site has over 600 + mp3s uploaded also above 100 something videos on 1 site and over 200+ on the other site. i would really love it so when they download it they can setup a member or talent profile as well and also be able to upload music and videos to their account using the program as well.

i can provide things like the content for the program (application) but i have no clue how to build it and i have a mental image of the design but i am not a graphics person i just do website html and server website management.

Matt
    New Music Promote
    Chicago Music Promotions

First you need to develop a good API for your website, so your database could be manipulated by external tools and softwares.
    I have no experience of this, so I'm can't say how harder or easier it will be.

As for the client part.
    I would suggest you to build your program using PyQT because both Python and QT are completely cross platform and easy to build, But this is just a a Suggestion, you can always test and choose from different options available.
    Never make any misteaks.

Read my Blog at --> Penguin Inside Subscribe Feed

Quote Originally Posted by Mattchicago View Post
    I have a couple music sites and i would love a program that is linux based and or windows based where it will be sort of like i-tunes it will call music and music videos from my site and people can download, listen, register on my site, create profiles and everything else but from the program. how hard or easy would this be to do?
    Pretty hard. But the good news is that there is no shortage of capable programmers who are specialized in Free Software based web-applications coupled with databases.

So I estimate that you should be able to get a reasonable base platform for as little as $1000 to $10000 depending where you (or rather the developer you hire) live. Genuine artwork, however, will maybe be a little more than that.
    Debian GNU/Linux -- You know you want it.