Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
As neat as WoW is, I won't buy it if they don't make a linux version. As it is, I might play it, but only on my little brother's copy ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Enthusiast

As neat as WoW is, I won't buy it if they don't make a linux version. As it is, I might play it, but only on my little brother's copy (windows), when he gets it.
    If I had a Mac with a nice videocard, then I wouldn't mind using the Mac version. But I hate supporting gaming on windows.
    Emotions are the key to the soul.
    Registered Linux User #375050

Just Joined!
    17,444 signatures so far.... That's pretty flippin close.

I'm in.

World of Warcraft is now the _only_ reason I keep Windows on my drive. I got my iPod to work in Ubuntu last night so hopefully WoW will be on Linux too. Doesn't Warcraft 3 have a Linux version? Or is it just very easy to run through Wine..?
    Registered Linux user #393103

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Signed, sealed and delivered...
    Linux Mint + IceWM Registered: #371367 New Members: click here

woot, I'm number 17458.

OK, do the Blizzard guys really call you? I signed with "Jose Riveria" and a fake number but then I saw the fine print that said the Blizzard guys call you to verify if the sig is real or not. So afterwards I put my real name and my cell phone number down, I want this to count even if they have my personal info..

Quote Originally Posted by George Harrison
    Doesn't Warcraft 3 have a Linux version? Or is it just very easy to run through Wine..?
    No. As of today no Blizzard game has or has ever had a native Linux version. Some people (myself included) have had great success with Warcraft 3 using Cedega. On a somewhat related note, I've managed to get Starcraft working with plain WINE as well.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Quote Originally Posted by techieMoe
    Doesn't Warcraft 3 have a Linux version? Or is it just very easy to run through Wine..?
    No. As of today no Blizzard game has or has ever had a native Linux version. Some people (myself included) have had great success with Warcraft 3 using Cedega. On a somewhat related note, I've managed to get Starcraft working with plain WINE as well.
    That's what I thought, it was either native or very easy to emulate - I knew it was one or the other

I'm just sitting at my desk staring at my cell phone.. argh do they really call you?

I'm just sitting at my desk staring at my cell phone.. argh do they really call you?
    Call me pessimistic, but I have yet to see a single petition like this get taken seriously by a company, so I think the "Blizzard reps calling to verify" thing is just wishful thinking on the parts of whoever started it. I honestly don't think Blizzard will care and I haven't seen any official word from the company even acknowledging that the petition exists, much less an intent to follow through with the request.

I personally did not sign the petition because I did not buy WoW for MS Windows, so I certainly wouldn't be willing to buy it for Linux. I despise MMORPGs, mostly because of the idea of "Buy the software, now keep paying us to play it."
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

ohh.. good ::turns phone off::

When my friend told me he was really into WoW and told me all the details I was horrified. "Wha--? you have to pay $50 for the game AND $30 every two months to play it..?!" but then I played it and I played it until 5 AM in the morning once

Just don't let me around the game while final exams go on, for I will not study. Leveling up my Warlock is far more important than studying for that math final Thus I will keep the game locked up in a case or something.

Quote Originally Posted by techieMoe
    I don't know what they did to the most recent version of Cedega, but StarCraft plays as smoothly on my box as it did under Windows. With previous versions of Cedega, it was always a little jerky. I know a lot of folks disagree with how they run their business, but they are obviously working very hard to improve their product. It really shows from version to version.
    Linux Mint + IceWM Registered: #371367 New Members: click here

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast