Find the answer to your Linux question:
Just want to get the word out there that there is a group of talented programmers hard at work developing a free MMORG for the Linux gaming community's enjoyment. Check ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Promoting Planeshift: a free MMORPG for Linux!

Just want to get the word out there that there is a group of talented programmers hard at work developing a free MMORG for the Linux gaming community's enjoyment. Check it out at: http://www.planeshift.it/main_01.html The goal of this thread should be for the further discussion of Planeshift and other MMORGS for Linux

Just Joined!
    From what I gather it's in closed beta?

This topic is sorta pointless then, the majority of people don't wanna wait for a game, and when they do, they forget.

Linux User
    More games for linux is a good thing. If this one gets a good responce maybe more will be coming.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    I tried this game a while ago. It looks good however it is still a tech demo and not much to do except for chatting and collecting gems. I have the website bookmarked and whenever (and i emphasize whenever) they release the public beta i will try it again.

!!!!!!!! thats crazy, just crazy!

a few weeks ago befor my big windows crapdown, i had a hard time finding a FREE mmorpg that was actualy good. now im looking for games for that are for linux that are actualy good. but all of a sudden a combination of the two? who whoulda ever guessed. its just crazy. pandimonium in the streets.
    nVidia G-Force 6600GT (bfg) pci-e: amd 64 2000+ (939): 1024 corsair ram: 2X 80gb seagate harddisk SATA: plextor cd/dvd-read/write cdrom SATA

on another note why do they do direct x, 3dfx, and software rendering. open gl is good enough isnt it. i always thought 3dfx was old and obsollete and software rendering isnt capable of doing the basic level rendering of modern games. and direct x is just evil. it is only usable on a windows platform. if they are already doing opengl shouldnt that be good enough for all os's?
    nVidia G-Force 6600GT (bfg) pci-e: amd 64 2000+ (939): 1024 corsair ram: 2X 80gb seagate harddisk SATA: plextor cd/dvd-read/write cdrom SATA