Find the answer to your Linux question:
I really enjoy using Songbird but for some reason when i open the program, select the genre/type of music i want listen to, the music plays great but the screen ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Songbird problem

I really enjoy using Songbird but for some reason when i open the program, select the genre/type of music i want listen to, the music plays great but the screen goes very dark and i have no control of the desktop nor can i close Songbird down. I have tried un-installing and then re-installing the program but there is no change. Being a Linux newbie the only option i then have that i know of is to cut the power to the computer and then boot up again. Could Songbird be conflicting with another program on my pc? I am running Linux mint 7. Can anyone help me please. Thanks

Do you know what your graphics card is?

Just Joined!
    Hi reed9

I opened a terminal and typed: inxi -v 4
    and was informed that my graphic card is: ATI RV370 5B60 [Radeon X300 (PCIE)]

Hope i've done this correctly and supplied enough info?

Just Joined!
    Am i the only person to have had this problem when trying to use Songbird?

I found some info with nvidia cards and crashes. Nothing specific to ATI. I couldn't find anything regarding a fix. I haven't tried songbird recently, but in the past I found it to be very buggy.

I'm a fan of gmusicbrowser, myself.

Just Joined!
    Looks like i'll have to give Songbird a miss then. Shall have a look at gmusicbrowser though. Thanks for the replies reed9