Find the answer to your Linux question:
ok, sorry for posting so much, (btw, i got xine installed, so scratch my mplayer and xine theards, and i also got starcraft installed). ok i want starcraft to run ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

running starcraft in a window (sorry for posting so much)

ok, sorry for posting so much, (btw, i got xine installed, so scratch my mplayer and xine theards, and i also got starcraft installed). ok i want starcraft to run in a window, whenever i run starcraft, it runs at 640x400 or some bs like that, and i am at 1280x1024, so you might understand my frustartion. also, my panells show up and cover some of the game. i dont mind the panels being there, except for the fact that it blocks the top and bottom of the game (i have a top and bottom panel). i would REALLY like to us starcraft in a window, so if some1 could help me out, that would be awsome.

look around for a program called winesetuptk. it is a good gui for configuring wine. in i think the second tab it asks fow some settings that you can make it run in a window. personaly i would be VERY intersted in finding out how to get rid of the bars on the top and bottom. i have the same reselution as leaper khan does and i didnt have any problems with that when running in full screen. the only other problems i have is that i download the starcraft update but it puts the file in my home directory and it cant install it. also i hear theres problems with battlenet on wine. is there anything anyone can do about this?

sorry for asking my owwn quwsrions on your thread but ithink you might benefit from this too ifyou plan on doing battlenet and you dont already know how to fix this.

oh ya. in window mode i think the framerate is bad for me. it was working well in full screen.
    nVidia G-Force 6600GT (bfg) pci-e: amd 64 2000+ (939): 1024 corsair ram: 2X 80gb seagate harddisk SATA: plextor cd/dvd-read/write cdrom SATA

yeah, your WM will probably have some options for that, but don't apologize for lots of post, i think id be on the list of to-be-stoned if we hated posters here
    Avoid the Gates of Hell. Use Linux
    A Penny for your Thoughts

Formerly Known as qub333

its not a race or anything, its all about spreading the word of linux and making it more accesable to the general public with friendly support and advice
    nVidia G-Force 6600GT (bfg) pci-e: amd 64 2000+ (939): 1024 corsair ram: 2X 80gb seagate harddisk SATA: plextor cd/dvd-read/write cdrom SATA

Linux Newbie
    haha, yea, well, after i totalty messed some stuff up, starcraft works in a window. alls i need now is sound and battle.net to work, if any1 knows how to get battle.net to work, PLEASE inform me. also, about the lack of sound, i get sound for a split second when i run the game, then no sound at all.