Results 1 to 2 of 2
Thread: Play on Linux
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
- Join Date
- Jul 2008
Play on Linux
PlayOnLinux is a piece of sofware which allows you to easily install and use numerous games and softwares designed to run with Microsoft®'s Windows®.
Few games are compatible with GNU/Linux at the moment and it certainly is a factor preventing the migration to this system. PlayOnLinux brings an accessible and efficient solution to this problem, cost-free and rescpetful of the free softwares.
What are PlayOnLinux's features?
Here is a non-exhaustive list of the interesting points to know:
* You don't have to own a Windows® license to use PlayOnLinux.
* PlayOnLinux is based on Wine, and so profits from all its possibilities yet it keeps the user away from its complexity while exploiting some of its advanced functions.
* PlayOnLinux is a free software.
* PlayOnLinux uses Bash and Python
Nevertheless, PlayOnLinux has some defects, as every piece of software:
* Occasional performances decrease (image may be less fluid and graphics less detailed).
* Not all games are supported. Nevertheless, you can use our manual installation module.
Home - PlayOnLinux - Run your Windows applications on Linux easily !
Some Youtube Videos below
Hope this eases the experience for gamers on this forum.I refuse to let fear and fear of others rule my life. It puts my humanity at risk.
Accepting Death is the only way to stay alive.
good pointer on how to run Microsoft®©(Allahu Akbar!) stuff in Linux
I'm looking forward to try AutoCAD when i get some lessons in it soon