Find the answer to your Linux question:
I recently installed Karmic 9.10 from scratch. Previously I was using Intrepid and Rhythmbox word perfectly for playing/ripping audio CD's. However, now under Karmic I've got some problems. Whats happening ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    oxf
    Linux Newbie

[SOLVED] I'm having some problems playing audio CD's in Rhythmbox.!

I recently installed Karmic 9.10 from scratch. Previously I was using Intrepid and Rhythmbox word perfectly for playing/ripping audio CD's. However, now under Karmic I've got some problems.

Whats happening is this: When I insert a CD it will play -sometimes- but most times it wont and I get a red stop symbol. I get several error messages...

The one I think is most important is: "Unable to start playback pipeline"

But I also get: "Internal data flow error" and
    "The window <Artist name-song (paused)> is not responding" The screen usually grays out with this error msg and I have to force quit to get out of it.

I know I probably need to give some more information so please tell me what to enter in Terminal and I provide more.

Any ideas whats going on? Many thanks!

oxf
    Linux Newbie
    Well I solved this one. Seems like it's known bug that is resolved by completely removing Rhythmbox and then reinstalling it. Although in my case it took several reinstalls to get it to function!
    There seem to be a number of bugs surrounding the Rhythmbox/Soundjuicer set up in Karmic