Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello, I have one project in mind that would use various audio and video files, all combined in one "presentation", with precise timing (when each audio/video snippet must start and ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Tool that uses XML to describe multi-track audio and video

Hello,

I have one project in mind that would use various audio and video files, all combined in one "presentation", with precise timing (when each audio/video snippet must start and when stops), and ideally also with features like transition effects and combined playback (ie, semi-transparent videos, multi-track audio).

I thought that such presentation could ideally be described in XML format, with all the audio/video source files thrown in the project folder. Then there would be some rendering tool that processes the info in this XML file and builds the final video file, frame by frame. There's even no necessity for graphical user interface, that could be a console app.

What such tool would give to me, is opportunity to write a software that generates my own XML files and passes it for processing.

Now, I am querying about this here, because the Linux community most certainly is the place where such things are born. Or perhaps I am the one who has to start making it.

Just Joined!
    Adobe Flash Builder

Or: Google for osflash.org