Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have a gamepad, and I want to bind the buttons on the gamepad to keyboard keystrokes. Also, I want to bind one of the gamepads axis to mouse movement. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Gamepad Keybinding

I have a gamepad, and I want to bind the buttons on the gamepad to keyboard keystrokes. Also, I want to bind one of the gamepads axis to mouse movement. Any idea on how to do this?

I have tried unsuccessfully to use joy2key. Theres another program called Qjoypad, but I do not know how to install it.

Thanks for any help

-Chris P

what distro are you using? is Qjoypad in the package manager?
    New to the internet, technical forums, or the hacker / open source community??
    Read this to learn good posting habits http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

RHCE for RHEL version 5
    RHCT for RHEL version 4

Just Joined!
    Qjoypad is unfortunately not in the package manager (Im on Debian 5.0.4). I have installed an older version of Qjoypad (3.4.1), which was a lot of work for me, and I dont know if I did it right. I cant get the binding of the gamepad axis to the mouse correctly. If I turn gradient on, the axis just has a huge deadzone and only moves one speed. If I turn gradient off, the axis just moves the mouse cursor a set distance.

Which distro are you using where Qjoypad is in the package manager?

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close