Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Are you running some kind of a freak of a DE? Like KDE or Gnome? Since they might capture the device and drink its soul rendering root powerless. Anywho, aren't ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Are you running some kind of a freak of a DE? Like KDE or Gnome? Since they might capture the device and drink its soul rendering root powerless.

Anywho, aren't we Thread stealing right now.. ?
    New Users, please read this..
    Google first, then ask..

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    Yes I'm running KDE. I'll try it without the GUI running and let you know. I have the same problem with cat as well. I use both to copy hard drives of various sorts, and I would have thunk that CD's would be ok also, but I've never been able to do that, but since I always try when running a GUI that might explain things. TTYL - I'm going to try without KDE running now.
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    No joy in Mudville! I switched to runlevel 3 (no GUI) and it still would not allow direct reading from the device. However, I can play it with Kaffeine and K3b will rip the disc just fine, as well cd. Seems VLC has trouble though.
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2