Find the answer to your Linux question:
I am new to linux, and have Puppy 5 on my laptop, Ubuntu on my desktop. I am looking for a casual bridge game to play on the two systems. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Looking for Bridge game

I am new to linux, and have Puppy 5 on my laptop, Ubuntu on my desktop. I am looking for a casual bridge game to play on the two systems. So far the only card games I've seen are hearts and solitare, can anyone stear me to a repository that has a bridge program?

I don't know if bridge is available as a Pet Package for Puppy Linux. There is however This

You can look through Here and Here for everything else.
    Linux Registered User # 475019
    Lead,Follow, or get the heck out of the way. I Have a Masters in Raising Hell
    Tech Books
    Free Linux Books
    Newbie Guide
    Courses at Home

Found it, thanks.

Thanks for the site link, I found 2 different bridge programs at The linux game tomb.

One bridge program I tried to download was a trial version, have to buy to get the permanent one. The the other one led to an endless list of dependencies that I never could figure out how many and which ones I needed. After an hour of downloading different files I gave up.

oz
    forum.guy
    If you haven't done so already, you can check out PyBridge to see if it might work out for you:

PyBridge Wiki

As always, it's best to use your default package tool to install it rather than compiling it from source, if possible.
    oz

thanks Ozar, I'll check it out when I get a chance. At first glance, Pybridge looks like an online game against other players, where what I'm looking for is a play against the computer version.
    I have a couple of windows versions I like, so will probably wind up trying to use wine to play them. Haven't tried wine yet, but there has to be a first time for everything.