Find the answer to your Linux question:
This is my first post on this forum, hopefully yall can help me, im kind of new to Linux. But i love it so far! Alright, im going to try ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Exclamation RythmBox help needed (BIG TIME)

This is my first post on this forum, hopefully yall can help me, im kind of new to Linux. But i love it so far!

Alright, im going to try to explain this the best i can so it doesnt get too confusing.

I changed my computer so it is dual boot (i can choose between XP and Mint

I bought an external hard drive so that i can access files easier between the two operating systems. I took all my music files and put them on my external hard drive, Then i got on my linux side (i will mostly be using Linux)

I opened Rythmbox and opened up all my music and spent a good three hours orginizing it (fixing wrong albums/file names/ getting rid of duplicates)
    i finally finished i was very proud of myself!

but then i realized that unlike in Itunes there isnt a "consolidate library function" i was hoping to copy all the correctly labeled music into a new folder and then deleting the old one, and keeping it all super orginaized.

So first off, i need to find a new media play that DOES have something like the consolidate Library option. and second. i pray that there is a way to send my Rythmbox library to the new media player so i don't have to do that nightmarish task again.

someone please help!

I already answered you on comptetforum.com