Find the answer to your Linux question:
I hear a lot about what soundcards don't work correctly here...(it is a fourm). I'm running Mandrake 10.1 and was wondering what people have had luck with for soundcards. Anyone ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

sound card suggestions for Mandrake 10.1??

I hear a lot about what soundcards don't work correctly here...(it is a fourm).
    I'm running Mandrake 10.1 and was wondering what people have had luck with for soundcards. Anyone just put it in and have it work correctly with the community version? I have a Turtle Beach Santa Cruz card now (CS 4614) but being a newbie I don't really have the experience to learn and fiddle around with things indefinatley (a little is ok though). I'm thinking a different card will require less effort.
    thx

Xko
    Just Joined!
    I seem to recall the SBLive being easy to install on Mandrake, more or less plug and play!

Just Joined!
    thanks for the suggestion, i'll look into it. I realize it's probably system specific also..

An interesting note is that with Mandrake 10.0 Community the right channel worked fine and the left somewhat with the 3D slider turned up without any fiddling. Was using the ALSA 1.0.2 default package. The 10.1 I have now has the ALSA 1.0.6 included and no sound whatsoever. Maybe if I can figure out how to do it I can try different ALSA packages, but from what's on their website, I can really only understand half the the installation directions.

Another interesting note is that on my other machine I have a clone card that has the CS 4614 chipset and it worked perfectly right away with 10.1 Community. (Maybe the Santa Cruz has a CS 4630 also, not CS 4614)