Find the answer to your Linux question:
My mother is a Bridge player and does not like Contract Bridge nearly as much as the "ordinary" kind. I have looked for a FOSS linux version without success (spent ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

[SOLVED] Bridge on Linux?

My mother is a Bridge player and does not like Contract Bridge nearly as much as the "ordinary" kind. I have looked for a FOSS linux version without success (spent about 90 minutes one night recently). The distro she'll be working with will be either ubuntu or mint.

Maybe someone here could make a suggestions or give me a lead off the top of their head -- it would be appreciated by both of us!

Quote Originally Posted by zenwalker View Post
    My mother is a Bridge player and does not like Contract Bridge nearly as much as the "ordinary" kind. I have looked for a FOSS linux version without success (spent about 90 minutes one night recently). The distro she'll be working with will be either ubuntu or mint.

Maybe someone here could make a suggestions or give me a lead off the top of their head -- it would be appreciated by both of us!
    For me contract bridge is the "ordinary" kind. I'm not sure what bridge you're referring to. Do you mean whist? (3 players). In any event, are you looking for something like this? It might help if you described what you're looking for a bit better. If it's not contract bridge and it's not whist then I don't really know what you want. Another possibility is here. Googling will doubtless produce more.
    ciao,
    jdk

Solved

GGZ Gaming Zone was what I was looking for -- whatever a person wishes to call it (I've never heard of whilst, except as an old-fashioned tense of "while")!

Thanks from both of us -- she's 80 in the next year, so I cannot expect her to explain herself with 100% accuracy and precision -- despite your confusion, you came through!
    Last edited by zenwalker; 09-28-2010 at 08:08 AM.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Quote Originally Posted by zenwalker View Post
    GGZ Gaming Zone was what I was looking for -- whatever a person wishes to call it (I've never heard of whilst, except as an old-fashioned tense of "while")!
    No. Not whilst, whist (without the "l"). Google it and you'll see if that's what she means (I'm not that much younger than she is by the way ).

Thanks from both of us -- she's 80 in the next year, so I cannot expect her to explain herself with 100% accuracy and precision -- despite your confusion, you came through!
    Your most welcome and I'm glad to have been of service.
    ciao,
    jdk