Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have attached a couple of pics below of what i am facing To be sweet and straight to the point, ALL my wine fonts are a strange F character. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Question Wine: Odd Fonts

I have attached a couple of pics below of what i am facing

To be sweet and straight to the point, ALL my wine fonts are a strange F character. This includes the font in the configuration tool, the directory tree, wine settings, the names of the files, game text (one of the pics is of an install wizard for a game) and anything else you can possibly imagine.

I did some research on this issue, and i think i know whats wrong, but unfortunately the fix is too far over my head for me to correct it. According to Fonts - Wine-Wiki
    Wine apparently checks the windows/fonts directory, and uses it for all the fonts in the programs it loads. If there are no fonts in this directory wine assumes that you want to use the xwindows fonts. When there are fonts in this directory wine assumes you want to use the windows/fonts fonts and not the xwindows fonts.

What this means is... if you have no fonts in the windows directory and your latest software install copies some strange and unusual font to the windows directory, suddenly all the text may look quite strange. This is easily fixed - copy the corefonts to the font directory and then wine will be able to select a better font.
    What i would speculate from this, is that as of right now, on my computer, Wine has no actual font library available to it, hence it is taking this one character, and using it for everything.

Does anyone know how I fix this problem? I seem to be the only one having this issue on all of google! lol! Anyway, there are some other important things to mention here: wine works properly in every other way, I can install games, and play them, but I cant tell whats going on in the options and what not. This is important at the moment because i am trying to fix a game issue, and if i could see the font, I think i can fix it.

Thanks for Reading
    Euralis
    Attached Images Attached Images

I believe the wine fonts for your user are in ~/.wine/drive_c/windows/Fonts so this should do the trick

Code:
    cp /usr/share/fonts/TTF/* ~/.wine/drive_c/windows/Fonts
    System wide I think they are /usr/share/wine/fonts. Instead of copying you can also just create symbolic links to the fonts.

Code:
    sudo ln -s /usr/share/fonts/TTF /usr/share/wine/fonts

Just Joined!

Red face some pertainant stuff

[root@localhost ~]# cp /usr/share/fonts/TTF/* ~/.wine/drive_c/windows/Fonts
    cp: cannot stat `/usr/share/fonts/TTF/*': No such file or directory
    You have new mail in /var/spool/mail/root
    [root@localhost ~]# sudo ln -s /usr/share/fonts/TTF /usr/share/wine/fonts
    first command did not work, second one did as you can see. what now?

These are all the files in that directory
    cd /usr/share/fonts
    [root@localhost fonts]# ls
    abyssinica jomolhari lohit-hindi lyx vlgothic
    bitmap kacst lohit-kannada opensymbol wine-courier-fonts
    cjkuni-uming khmeros lohit-maithili paktype wine-marlett-fonts
    default liberation lohit-marathi serafettin-cartoon wine-small-fonts
    dejavu lklug lohit-oriya smc wine-symbol-fonts
    drehatlas-widelands lohit-assamese lohit-punjabi stix wine-system-fonts
    freecol lohit-bengali lohit-tamil thai-scalable wqy-unibit
    gnu-free lohit-gujarati lohit-telugu un-core
    [root@localhost fonts]#
    I hope this helps in some way.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    If the directory /usr/share/fonts/TTF doesn't exist, then the symbolic link isn't going to help.

Which distro are you using? It's possible this stuff is simply in a different location.

Might be easier to install winetricks and use that to install the MS core fonts for wine.

Just Joined!

Cool

Fedora core 12 is my distro

Just Joined!
    core fonts

to install the microsoft core fonts:

1. http://www.kegel.com/wine/winetricks copy/save to file. In this example we call it winetricks.txt
    2. mark the file as executable:

* chmod u+x /pathtofile/winetricks.txt

1. run winetricks, which lists the options. chose corefonts, times and arial fonts. typing in a terminal

* /path to winetricks/winetricks.txt corefonts (or)
    * /path to winetricks/winetricks.txt ( check the desired options. i.e. chose corefonts, times and arial fonts.)
    I completed this step above by checking core fonts, and allfonts packages. the below was the output:

[root@localhost fonts]# /home/Zeta1/Documents/winetricks.txt
    /home/Zeta1/Documents/winetricks.txt: line 1: #!/bin/sh: No such file or directory
    Executing /usr/bin/cabextract -q --directory=/root/.wine/dosdevices/c:/winetrickstmp /root/.cache/winetricks/arial32.exe
    Executing cp -f /root/.wine/dosdevices/c:/winetrickstmp/Arialbd.TTF /root/.wine/dosdevices/c:/winetrickstmp/Arialbi.TTF /root/.wine/dosdevices/c:/winetrickstmp/Ariali.TTF /root/.wine/dosdevices/c:/winetrickstmp/Arial.TTF /root/.wine/dosdevices/c:/windows/Fonts
    Executing early_wine regedit c:\winetrickstmp\register-font.reg
    Executing /usr/bin/cabextract -q --directory=/root/.wine/dosdevices/c:/winetrickstmp /root/.cache/winetricks/arialb32.exe
    Executing cp -f /root/.wine/dosdevices/c:/winetrickstmp/AriBlk.TTF /root/.wine/dosdevices/c:/windows/Fonts
    Executing /usr/bin/cabextract -q --directory=/root/.wine/dosdevices/c:/winetrickstmp /root/.cache/winetricks/comic32.exe
    Executing cp -f /root/.wine/dosdevices/c:/winetrickstmp/Comicbd.TTF /root/.wine/dosdevices/c:/winetrickstmp/Comic.TTF /root/.wine/dosdevices/c:/windows/Fonts
    Executing /usr/bin/cabextract -q --directory=/root/.wine/dosdevices/c:/winetrickstmp /root/.cache/winetricks/courie32.exe
    Executing cp -f /root/.wine/dosdevices/c:/winetrickstmp/courbd.ttf /root/.wine/dosdevices/c:/winetrickstmp/courbi.ttf /root/.wine/dosdevices/c:/winetrickstmp/couri.ttf /root/.wine/dosdevices/c:/winetrickstmp/cour.ttf /root/.wine/dosdevices/c:/windows/Fonts
    Executing /usr/bin/cabextract -q --directory=/root/.wine/dosdevices/c:/winetrickstmp /root/.cache/winetricks/georgi32.exe
    Executing cp -f /root/.wine/dosdevices/c:/winetrickstmp/Georgiab.TTF /root/.wine/dosdevices/c:/winetrickstmp/Georgiai.TTF /root/.wine/dosdevices/c:/winetrickstmp/Georgia.TTF /root/.wine/dosdevices/c:/winetrickstmp/Georgiaz.TTF /root/.wine/dosdevices/c:/windows/Fonts
    Executing /usr/bin/cabextract -q --directory=/root/.wine/dosdevices/c:/winetrickstmp /root/.cache/winetricks/impact32.exe
    Executing cp -f /root/.wine/dosdevices/c:/winetrickstmp/Impact.TTF /root/.wine/dosdevices/c:/windows/Fonts
    Executing /usr/bin/cabextract -q --directory=/root/.wine/dosdevices/c:/winetrickstmp /root/.cache/winetricks/times32.exe
    Executing cp -f /root/.wine/dosdevices/c:/winetrickstmp/Timesbd.TTF /root/.wine/dosdevices/c:/winetrickstmp/Timesbi.TTF /root/.wine/dosdevices/c:/winetrickstmp/Timesi.TTF /root/.wine/dosdevices/c:/winetrickstmp/Times.TTF /root/.wine/dosdevices/c:/windows/Fonts
    Executing /usr/bin/cabextract -q --directory=/root/.wine/dosdevices/c:/winetrickstmp /root/.cache/winetricks/trebuc32.exe
    Executing cp -f /root/.wine/dosdevices/c:/winetrickstmp/trebucbi.ttf /root/.wine/dosdevices/c:/winetrickstmp/trebucit.ttf /root/.wine/dosdevices/c:/winetrickstmp/trebuc.ttf /root/.wine/dosdevices/c:/windows/Fonts
    Executing /usr/bin/cabextract -q --directory=/root/.wine/dosdevices/c:/winetrickstmp /root/.cache/winetricks/verdan32.exe
    Executing cp -f /root/.wine/dosdevices/c:/winetrickstmp/Verdanab.TTF /root/.wine/dosdevices/c:/winetrickstmp/Verdanai.TTF /root/.wine/dosdevices/c:/winetrickstmp/Verdana.TTF /root/.wine/dosdevices/c:/winetrickstmp/Verdanaz.TTF /root/.wine/dosdevices/c:/windows/Fonts
    Executing /usr/bin/cabextract -q --directory=/root/.wine/dosdevices/c:/winetrickstmp /root/.cache/winetricks/webdin32.exe
    Executing cp -f /root/.wine/dosdevices/c:/winetrickstmp/Webdings.TTF /root/.wine/dosdevices/c:/windows/Fonts
    Install of corefonts done
    Executing /usr/bin/cabextract -q --directory=/root/.wine/dosdevices/c:/winetrickstmp /root/.cache/winetricks/arial32.exe
    Executing cp -f /root/.wine/dosdevices/c:/winetrickstmp/Arialbd.TTF /root/.wine/dosdevices/c:/winetrickstmp/Arialbi.TTF /root/.wine/dosdevices/c:/winetrickstmp/Ariali.TTF /root/.wine/dosdevices/c:/winetrickstmp/Arial.TTF /root/.wine/dosdevices/c:/windows/Fonts
    Executing /usr/bin/cabextract -q --directory=/root/.wine/dosdevices/c:/winetrickstmp /root/.cache/winetricks/arialb32.exe
    Executing cp -f /root/.wine/dosdevices/c:/winetrickstmp/AriBlk.TTF /root/.wine/dosdevices/c:/windows/Fonts
    Executing /usr/bin/cabextract -q --directory=/root/.wine/dosdevices/c:/winetrickstmp /root/.cache/winetricks/comic32.exe
    Executing cp -f /root/.wine/dosdevices/c:/winetrickstmp/Comicbd.TTF /root/.wine/dosdevices/c:/winetrickstmp/Comic.TTF /root/.wine/dosdevices/c:/windows/Fonts
    Executing /usr/bin/cabextract -q --directory=/root/.wine/dosdevices/c:/winetrickstmp /root/.cache/winetricks/courie32.exe
    Executing cp -f /root/.wine/dosdevices/c:/winetrickstmp/courbd.ttf /root/.wine/dosdevices/c:/winetrickstmp/courbi.ttf /root/.wine/dosdevices/c:/winetrickstmp/couri.ttf /root/.wine/dosdevices/c:/winetrickstmp/cour.ttf /root/.wine/dosdevices/c:/windows/Fonts
    Executing /usr/bin/cabextract -q --directory=/root/.wine/dosdevices/c:/winetrickstmp /root/.cache/winetricks/georgi32.exe
    Executing cp -f /root/.wine/dosdevices/c:/winetrickstmp/Georgiab.TTF /root/.wine/dosdevices/c:/winetrickstmp/Georgiai.TTF /root/.wine/dosdevices/c:/winetrickstmp/Georgia.TTF /root/.wine/dosdevices/c:/winetrickstmp/Georgiaz.TTF /root/.wine/dosdevices/c:/windows/Fonts
    Executing /usr/bin/cabextract -q --directory=/root/.wine/dosdevices/c:/winetrickstmp /root/.cache/winetricks/impact32.exe
    Executing cp -f /root/.wine/dosdevices/c:/winetrickstmp/Impact.TTF /root/.wine/dosdevices/c:/windows/Fonts
    Executing /usr/bin/cabextract -q --directory=/root/.wine/dosdevices/c:/winetrickstmp /root/.cache/winetricks/times32.exe
    Executing cp -f /root/.wine/dosdevices/c:/winetrickstmp/Timesbd.TTF /root/.wine/dosdevices/c:/winetrickstmp/Timesbi.TTF /root/.wine/dosdevices/c:/winetrickstmp/Timesi.TTF /root/.wine/dosdevices/c:/winetrickstmp/Times.TTF /root/.wine/dosdevices/c:/windows/Fonts
    Executing /usr/bin/cabextract -q --directory=/root/.wine/dosdevices/c:/winetrickstmp /root/.cache/winetricks/trebuc32.exe
    Executing cp -f /root/.wine/dosdevices/c:/winetrickstmp/trebucbi.ttf /root/.wine/dosdevices/c:/winetrickstmp/trebucit.ttf /root/.wine/dosdevices/c:/winetrickstmp/trebuc.ttf /root/.wine/dosdevices/c:/windows/Fonts
    Executing /usr/bin/cabextract -q --directory=/root/.wine/dosdevices/c:/winetrickstmp /root/.cache/winetricks/verdan32.exe
    Executing cp -f /root/.wine/dosdevices/c:/winetrickstmp/Verdanab.TTF /root/.wine/dosdevices/c:/winetrickstmp/Verdanai.TTF /root/.wine/dosdevices/c:/winetrickstmp/Verdana.TTF /root/.wine/dosdevices/c:/winetrickstmp/Verdanaz.TTF /root/.wine/dosdevices/c:/windows/Fonts
    Executing /usr/bin/cabextract -q --directory=/root/.wine/dosdevices/c:/winetrickstmp /root/.cache/winetricks/webdin32.exe
    Executing cp -f /root/.wine/dosdevices/c:/winetrickstmp/Webdings.TTF /root/.wine/dosdevices/c:/windows/Fonts
    Executing wget -O DroidSans-Bold.ttf -nd -c --read-timeout=300 --retry-connrefused --header Accept-Encoding: gzip,deflate http://android.git.kernel.org/?p=pla...ld.ttf;hb=HEAD
    --2010-09-20 18:08:23-- http://android.git.kernel.org/?p=pla...ld.ttf;hb=HEAD
    Resolving android.git.kernel.org... 204.152.191.45, 149.20.20.141
    Connecting to android.git.kernel.org|204.152.191.45|:80... connected.
    HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
    Length: unspecified [text/plain]
    Saving to: “DroidSans-Bold.ttf”

[ <=> ] 191,032 241K/s in 0.8s

2010-09-20 18:08:25 (241 KB/s) - “DroidSans-Bold.ttf” saved [191032]

Executing cp -f /root/.cache/winetricks/DroidSans-Bold.ttf /root/.wine/dosdevices/c:/windows/Fonts
    Executing wget -O DroidSansFallback.ttf -nd -c --read-timeout=300 --retry-connrefused --header Accept-Encoding: gzip,deflate http://android.git.kernel.org/?p=pla...ck.ttf;hb=HEAD
    --2010-09-20 18:08:25-- http://android.git.kernel.org/?p=pla...ck.ttf;hb=HEAD
    Saving to: “DroidSansFallback.ttf”

[ <=> ] 3,640,264 690K/s in 6.6s

2010-09-20 18:08:32 (535 KB/s) - “DroidSansFallback.ttf” saved [3640264]

Executing cp -f /root/.cache/winetricks/DroidSansFallback.ttf /root/.wine/dosdevices/c:/windows/Fonts
    Executing wget -O DroidSansJapanese.ttf -nd -c --read-timeout=300 --retry-connrefused --header Accept-Encoding: gzip,deflate http://android.git.kernel.org/?p=pla...se.ttf;hb=HEAD
    --2010-09-20 18:08:32-- http://android.git.kernel.org/?p=pla...se.ttf;hb=HEAD
    Resolving android.git.kernel.org... 130.239.17.12, 149.20.20.141, 199.6.1.176, ...
    Connecting to android.git.kernel.org|130.239.17.12|:80... connected.
    Saving to: “DroidSansJapanese.ttf”

[ <=> ] 1,173,140 413K/s in 2.8s

2010-09-20 18:08:36 (413 KB/s) - “DroidSansJapanese.ttf” saved [1173140]

Executing cp -f /root/.cache/winetricks/DroidSansJapanese.ttf /root/.wine/dosdevices/c:/windows/Fonts
    Executing wget -O DroidSansMono.ttf -nd -c --read-timeout=300 --retry-connrefused --header Accept-Encoding: gzip,deflate http://android.git.kernel.org/?p=pla...no.ttf;hb=HEAD
    --2010-09-20 18:08:36-- http://android.git.kernel.org/?p=pla...no.ttf;hb=HEAD
    Saving to: “DroidSansMono.ttf”

[ <=> ] 117,072 286K/s in 0.4s

2010-09-20 18:08:37 (286 KB/s) - “DroidSansMono.ttf” saved [117072]

Executing cp -f /root/.cache/winetricks/DroidSansMono.ttf /root/.wine/dosdevices/c:/windows/Fonts
    Executing wget -O DroidSans.ttf -nd -c --read-timeout=300 --retry-connrefused --header Accept-Encoding: gzip,deflate http://android.git.kernel.org/?p=pla...ns.ttf;hb=HEAD
    --2010-09-20 18:08:37-- http://android.git.kernel.org/?p=pla...ns.ttf;hb=HEAD
    Resolving android.git.kernel.org... 149.20.20.141, 204.152.191.45
    Connecting to android.git.kernel.org|149.20.20.141|:80... connected.
    Saving to: “DroidSans.ttf”

[ <=> ] 190,044 270K/s in 0.7s

2010-09-20 18:08:39 (270 KB/s) - “DroidSans.ttf” saved [190044]

Executing cp -f /root/.cache/winetricks/DroidSans.ttf /root/.wine/dosdevices/c:/windows/Fonts
    Executing wget -O DroidSerif-BoldItalic.ttf -nd -c --read-timeout=300 --retry-connrefused --header Accept-Encoding: gzip,deflate http://android.git.kernel.org/?p=pla...ic.ttf;hb=HEAD
    --2010-09-20 18:08:39-- http://android.git.kernel.org/?p=pla...ic.ttf;hb=HEAD
    Resolving android.git.kernel.org... 130.239.17.12, 149.20.20.141, 199.6.1.176, ...
    Connecting to android.git.kernel.org|130.239.17.12|:80... connected.
    Saving to: “DroidSerif-BoldItalic.ttf”

[ <=> ] 189,916 202K/s in 0.9s

2010-09-20 18:08:41 (202 KB/s) - “DroidSerif-BoldItalic.ttf” saved [189916]

Executing cp -f /root/.cache/winetricks/DroidSerif-BoldItalic.ttf /root/.wine/dosdevices/c:/windows/Fonts
    Executing wget -O DroidSerif-Bold.ttf -nd -c --read-timeout=300 --retry-connrefused --header Accept-Encoding: gzip,deflate http://android.git.kernel.org/?p=pla...ld.ttf;hb=HEAD
    --2010-09-20 18:08:41-- http://android.git.kernel.org/?p=pla...ld.ttf;hb=HEAD
    Saving to: “DroidSerif-Bold.ttf”

[ <=> ] 184,836 364K/s in 0.5s

2010-09-20 18:08:42 (364 KB/s) - “DroidSerif-Bold.ttf” saved [184836]

Executing cp -f /root/.cache/winetricks/DroidSerif-Bold.ttf /root/.wine/dosdevices/c:/windows/Fonts
    Executing wget -O DroidSerif-Italic.ttf -nd -c --read-timeout=300 --retry-connrefused --header Accept-Encoding: gzip,deflate http://android.git.kernel.org/?p=pla...ic.ttf;hb=HEAD
    --2010-09-20 18:08:42-- http://android.git.kernel.org/?p=pla...ic.ttf;hb=HEAD
    Resolving android.git.kernel.org... 149.20.20.141, 204.152.191.45
    Connecting to android.git.kernel.org|149.20.20.141|:80... connected.
    Saving to: “DroidSerif-Italic.ttf”

[ <=> ] 177,176 300K/s in 0.6s

2010-09-20 18:08:43 (300 KB/s) - “DroidSerif-Italic.ttf” saved [177176]

Executing cp -f /root/.cache/winetricks/DroidSerif-Italic.ttf /root/.wine/dosdevices/c:/windows/Fonts
    Executing wget -O DroidSerif-Regular.ttf -nd -c --read-timeout=300 --retry-connrefused --header Accept-Encoding: gzip,deflate http://android.git.kernel.org/?p=pla...ar.ttf;hb=HEAD
    --2010-09-20 18:08:43-- http://android.git.kernel.org/?p=pla...ar.ttf;hb=HEAD
    Resolving android.git.kernel.org... 204.152.191.45, 130.239.17.12, 149.20.20.141, ...
    Saving to: “DroidSerif-Regular.ttf”

[ <=> ] 172,532 266K/s in 0.6s

2010-09-20 18:08:44 (266 KB/s) - “DroidSerif-Regular.ttf” saved [172532]

Executing cp -f /root/.cache/winetricks/DroidSerif-Regular.ttf /root/.wine/dosdevices/c:/windows/Fonts
    Executing wget -O EUupdate.EXE -nd -c --read-timeout=300 --retry-connrefused --header Accept-Encoding: gzip,deflate http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...0/EUupdate.EXE
    --2010-09-20 18:08:44-- http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...0/EUupdate.EXE
    Resolving download.microsoft.com... 89.149.169.161, 89.149.169.34
    Connecting to download.microsoft.com|89.149.169.161|:80... connected.
    Length: 1675184 (1.6M) [application/octet-stream]
    Saving to: “EUupdate.EXE”

100%[================================================== ================>] 1,675,184 600K/s in 2.7s

2010-09-20 18:08:48 (600 KB/s) - “EUupdate.EXE” saved [1675184/1675184]

Executing /usr/bin/cabextract -q --directory=/root/.wine/dosdevices/c:/winetrickstmp /root/.cache/winetricks/EUupdate.EXE
    Executing cp -f /root/.wine/dosdevices/c:/winetrickstmp/ArialBd.ttf /root/.wine/dosdevices/c:/winetrickstmp/ArialBI.ttf /root/.wine/dosdevices/c:/winetrickstmp/ArialI.ttf /root/.wine/dosdevices/c:/winetrickstmp/Arial.ttf /root/.wine/dosdevices/c:/winetrickstmp/courbd.ttf /root/.wine/dosdevices/c:/winetrickstmp/courbi.ttf /root/.wine/dosdevices/c:/winetrickstmp/couri.ttf /root/.wine/dosdevices/c:/winetrickstmp/cour.ttf /root/.wine/dosdevices/c:/winetrickstmp/TimesBd.ttf /root/.wine/dosdevices/c:/winetrickstmp/TimesBI.ttf /root/.wine/dosdevices/c:/winetrickstmp/TimesI.ttf /root/.wine/dosdevices/c:/winetrickstmp/Times.ttf /root/.wine/dosdevices/c:/winetrickstmp/trebucbd.ttf /root/.wine/dosdevices/c:/winetrickstmp/Trebucbd.ttf /root/.wine/dosdevices/c:/winetrickstmp/trebucbi.ttf /root/.wine/dosdevices/c:/winetrickstmp/trebucit.ttf /root/.wine/dosdevices/c:/winetrickstmp/trebuc.ttf /root/.wine/dosdevices/c:/winetrickstmp/Verdanab.ttf /root/.wine/dosdevices/c:/winetrickstmp/Verdanai.ttf /root/.wine/dosdevices/c:/winetrickstmp/Verdana.ttf /root/.wine/dosdevices/c:/winetrickstmp/Verdanaz.ttf /root/.wine/dosdevices/c:/windows/Fonts
    Executing wget -O liberation-fonts-1.04.tar.gz -nd -c --read-timeout=300 --retry-connrefused --header Accept-Encoding: gzip,deflate https://fedorahosted.org/releases/l/...ts-1.04.tar.gz
    --2010-09-20 18:08:49-- https://fedorahosted.org/releases/l/...ts-1.04.tar.gz
    Resolving fedorahosted.org... 66.135.52.17
    Connecting to fedorahosted.org|66.135.52.17|:443... connected.
    Length: 1011820 (988K) [application/x-gzip]
    Saving to: “liberation-fonts-1.04.tar.gz”

100%[================================================== ================>] 1,011,820 543K/s in 1.8s

2010-09-20 18:08:51 (543 KB/s) - “liberation-fonts-1.04.tar.gz” saved [1011820/1011820]

Executing wget -O eurofixi.exe -nd -c --read-timeout=300 --retry-connrefused --header Accept-Encoding: gzip,deflate ftp://ftp.microsoft.com/bussys/winnt...x/eurofixi.exe
    --2010-09-20 18:08:52-- ftp://ftp.microsoft.com/bussys/winnt...x/eurofixi.exe
    => “eurofixi.exe”
    Resolving ftp.microsoft.com... 64.4.30.34
    Connecting to ftp.microsoft.com|64.4.30.34|:21... connected.
    Logging in as anonymous ... Logged in!
    ==> SYST ... done. ==> PWD ... done.
    ==> TYPE I ... done. ==> CWD (1) /bussys/winnt/winnt-public/fixes/usa/NT40TSE/hotfixes-postSP3/Euro-fix ... done.
    ==> SIZE eurofixi.exe ... 1930192
    ==> PASV ... done. ==> RETR eurofixi.exe ... done.

[ <=> ] 1,930,192 542K/s in 3.7s

2010-09-20 18:09:04 (509 KB/s) - “eurofixi.exe” saved [1930192]

Executing /usr/bin/cabextract -d /root/.wine/dosdevices/c:/windows/Fonts -L -F lucon.ttf /root/.cache/winetricks/eurofixi.exe
    Extracting cabinet: /root/.cache/winetricks/eurofixi.exe
    extracting /root/.wine/dosdevices/c:/windows/Fonts/lucon.ttf

All done, no errors.
    Executing wget -O tahoma32.exe -nd -c --read-timeout=300 --retry-connrefused --header Accept-Encoding: gzip,deflate http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...s/tahoma32.exe
    --2010-09-20 18:09:04-- http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...s/tahoma32.exe
    Resolving download.microsoft.com... 89.149.169.161, 89.149.169.34
    Connecting to download.microsoft.com|89.149.169.161|:80... connected.
    Length: 312440 (305K) [application/octet-stream]
    Saving to: “tahoma32.exe”

100%[================================================== ================>] 312,440 416K/s in 0.7s

2010-09-20 18:09:06 (416 KB/s) - “tahoma32.exe” saved [312440/312440]

Executing /usr/bin/cabextract --directory=/root/.wine/dosdevices/c:/winetrickstmp /root/.cache/winetricks/tahoma32.exe
    Extracting cabinet: /root/.cache/winetricks/tahoma32.exe
    extracting /root/.wine/dosdevices/c:/winetrickstmp/Tahoma.TTF
    extracting /root/.wine/dosdevices/c:/winetrickstmp/Tahomabd.TTF
    extracting /root/.wine/dosdevices/c:/winetrickstmp/fontinst.inf
    extracting /root/.wine/dosdevices/c:/winetrickstmp/fontinst.exe

All done, no errors.
    Executing cp -f /root/.wine/dosdevices/c:/winetrickstmp/Tahoma.TTF /root/.wine/dosdevices/c:/windows/Fonts/tahoma.ttf
    Executing cp -f /root/.wine/dosdevices/c:/winetrickstmp/Tahomabd.TTF /root/.wine/dosdevices/c:/windows/Fonts/tahomabd.ttf
    Executing wget -O wqy-microhei-0.2.0-beta.tar.gz -nd -c --read-timeout=300 --retry-connrefused --header Accept-Encoding: gzip,deflate Download WenQuanYi (Spring of Letters) from SourceForge.net
    --2010-09-20 18:09:06-- Download WenQuanYi (Spring of Letters) from SourceForge.net
    Resolving downloads.sourceforge.net... 216.34.181.59
    Connecting to downloads.sourceforge.net|216.34.181.59|:80... connected.
    HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 301 Moved Permanently
    Location: Download WenQuanYi (Spring of Letters) from SourceForge.net [following]
    --2010-09-20 18:09:06-- Download WenQuanYi (Spring of Letters) from SourceForge.net
    Reusing existing connection to downloads.sourceforge.net:80.
    HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 302 Found
    Location: http://voxel.dl.sourceforge.net/proj....0-beta.tar.gz [following]
    --2010-09-20 18:09:06-- http://voxel.dl.sourceforge.net/proj....0-beta.tar.gz
    Resolving voxel.dl.sourceforge.net... 208.122.28.18, 208.122.28.21, 208.122.28.29, ...
    Connecting to voxel.dl.sourceforge.net|208.122.28.18|:80... connected.
    Length: 2418536 (2.3M) [application/x-gzip]
    Saving to: “wqy-microhei-0.2.0-beta.tar.gz”

100%[================================================== ================>] 2,418,536 679K/s in 3.5s

2010-09-20 18:09:15 (670 KB/s) - “wqy-microhei-0.2.0-beta.tar.gz” saved [2418536/2418536]

Executing mv wqy-microhei/wqy-microhei.ttc /root/.wine/dosdevices/c:/windows/Fonts
    Install of allfonts done
    winetricks done.
    I do appreciate the help, but i guess my system is cursed. Do you have any other ideas, or are you fresh out? saying your tired of this is okay.

In other words, installing the mscore fonts didn't do anything?

Yeah, I'm out of ideas. You might consider uninstalling wine completely, deleting the .wine directory in your home folder, and reinstalling.