Find the answer to your Linux question:
I've recently switched from Windows XP to Linux, and I can't seem to find a media player that does automatic screencaps (or at least I don't know how make them ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Automatic screencaping?

I've recently switched from Windows XP to Linux, and I can't seem to find a media player that does automatic screencaps (or at least I don't know how make them in the media players I have installed). On Windows, I used to have The KMplayer (not Konqueror Media Player, the other KMPlayer), in which I could set the number of screencaps per second, store them in a folder, etc. but I couldn't make it work on Linux and gave up on it. I also know about VLC, but the new version doesn't do the automatic screencaping anymore (plus, they don't look as neat as The KMP ones).

Any help will be appreciated. Thank you!

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    The VLC media player has a Snapshot capability, found in the Video menu. That works. Also, I have used the system screen capture tool for KDE, ksnapshot which works well also.
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

Just Joined!
    Well, I installed an old VLC version which makes the automatic screencaps. Is not as good as the KMP but it's better than making them manually. Thank you for your help!