Find the answer to your Linux question:
hello i had a program on my mac pc called dvd hunter but i had to reinstall my system and lost all my data of 600 dvd s in my ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

dvd catalog program ?

hello i had a program on my mac pc called dvd hunter but i had to reinstall my system and lost all my data of 600 dvd s in my collection,i have to start again and i thought i would use my laptop which i am running with peppermint ice,does anyone know of a good dvd catalog program please ?
    thank you.

oz
    forum.guy
    You can find some media collection managers here:

Collection Managers | Linux App Finder

I've not tried it, but have heard that GCstar is a good one.
    oz

Just Joined!
    thank you i will give it a go and this time i will make sure i backup as i now have to manually type in about 600 titles.

Just Joined!
    I use MED'S Movie Manager, built in Java and runs on everything, works great.

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by geordiejohn View Post
    thank you i will give it a go and this time i will make sure i backup as i now have to manually type in about 600 titles.
    It sucks when something like that happens. Happen to me twice already. I donít seem to learn from my mistakes. Every time I say to myself, be smart and do a backup, but then usually I don't. Hope that your work load is 'minimal' and that youíre smarter than me

Just Joined!
    I wound up going with CDcat because it was compatable with both Mac and Linux and the data was easily exportable to csv and similar formats.