Find the answer to your Linux question:
Does anybody know whether or not if it's possible to run Fedora on a Playstation 2? The reason I'm asking is that with the availability of a PS2 Linux Kit ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Fedora on Playstation 2: Is it really possible?

Does anybody know whether or not if it's possible to run Fedora on a Playstation 2? The reason I'm asking is that with the availability of a PS2 Linux Kit being virtually nonexsistent, I figured that using Fedora as an alternative to PS2 Linux would be better than searching endlessly across the internet trying to find an overpriced piece of software. All you would need to do is download the Fedora software, purchase the hard drive and other hardware separately, and set everything up as you like. It's easy. But I still don't know whether or not if a Playstation 2 is even capable of running Fedora. Is it? Chime in anytime. Thanks.
    Last edited by JaronDaWizard; 02-22-2011 at 04:30 PM.

Just Joined!

What Linux Distributions Support the Playstation 2 Emotion Engine?

I'm trying to figure out which Linux distribution would be best for my PS2. But to do so, I need to figure out which distributions support the Playstation 2 Emotion Engine. Does anybody know?

oz
    forum.guy
    Hello and welcome to the forums!

Sorry I can't be of more help, but I am not personally aware of any Linux distros currently supported by PlayStation 2. Hopefully someone will jump in here with some info for you should there be any. That said, if it will run on one distro, it should be able to run on others with the proper packages, files, and configurations in place.

Maybe some of the other members have some info about it and will reply.
    oz

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    We can only hope.

There used to be a PS2 development kit that was Linux-based, but as for running an actual OS I'm not sure.