Find the answer to your Linux question:
This is way way way way over my league, but someday.. Does GTK support Game Programming, or no? Either way, I'd have to learn something like OpenGL anyway, right? Or ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Random question concerning GTK..

This is way way way way over my league, but someday.. Does GTK support Game Programming, or no? Either way, I'd have to learn something like OpenGL anyway, right? Or can GTK, or Qt even, do it all without the need of OpenGL?

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    What do you mean by "support gaming"? GTK is used for high-performance graphics, such as would be needed by many games, but you would have to write most of the heavy-lifting code to make it work in such a scenario I think.
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rubberman View Post
    What do you mean by "support gaming"? GTK is used for high-performance graphics, such as would be needed by many games, but you would have to write most of the heavy-lifting code to make it work in such a scenario I think.
    Eh, I went back to Qt, I can't get anything to work properly in GTK.. I'm better at Qt than GTK anyway.. I put more time into Qt. I was getting errors about GTK already having a layout, I thought you could use more than one, but apparently not.. Oh well..

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    Well, as far as all the GUI toolkits are concerned, Qt is a very good one. Heaven knows what will happen now that Nokia has gone over to the dark side...
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!