Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi there, I want to build 3 PC's, each with 2x HD5970 Graphic Card. Important point is for me to share from the other 2 PC's the Graphic Cards to ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Graphic Card sharing

Hi there,

I want to build 3 PC's, each with 2x HD5970 Graphic Card. Important point is for me to share from the other 2 PC's the Graphic Cards to the third one. Means one PC should have virtually 4 Graphic Cards more.

Is this possible? If yes, how?

regards

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    And you want to do this why?

I don't know about current PCI-X motherboards, but a long time ago I saw a "bus bridge" that allowed an ISA bus to be bridged between two computers. Frankly, it would be difficult (special hardware and system software drivers to say the least), expensive (custom engineering) unless there is a boxed solution somewhere, and not necessarily productive. So, the question arises once again as to why you want/need to do this? Maybe there is a way to solve your problem (whatever it is) without so much cruft.
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    BTW, here is a wikipedia article on PCI bus bridges that may help you understand better what you are asking for (as I understand it): Conventional PCI - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

Just Joined!
    I thinks you need the third card. It's safer.