Find the answer to your Linux question:
ok,i got it installed and it runs great. but not perfect. graphix are perfect but i have found three other problems. first i noticed is that when i close the ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

native mohaa with loki installer

ok,i got it installed and it runs great. but not perfect. graphix are perfect but i have found three other problems. first i noticed is that when i close the program properly my mouse is stuck. i have to restart the x server. ive had the game close itself before and the mouse worked fine afterwards but when i do it properly its stuck. the next one i found was that any sound that is at a distance is way to quiet compared to close up sounds. if i fire my gun its perfect but if i run in any direction there is no sound for it thats noticable. an enemies gunfire is like a wisper. any sound thats made that doesnt have any distance like menu sounds work fine. my sound card is a sounblaster pci 16 and it usses an ensoniq 5880 chip. the last problem is that in multiplayer i cant change my name due to the fact that my backspace button isnt workin in it. it works fine durring gameplay, i can reload anytime i want to but i guess it doesnt work in the menues.

i was realy impressed with this installer since it made everything easy and actualy made it native to linux. plus i dont need the cd in the drive, i didnt even need to put in the serial number.

also, i have the spearhead expansion pack too. do you know if the installer will install it to?
    nVidia G-Force 6600GT (bfg) pci-e: amd 64 2000+ (939): 1024 corsair ram: 2X 80gb seagate harddisk SATA: plextor cd/dvd-read/write cdrom SATA

i see that there are also sound problems with the quake 3 linux installer too. since mohaa uses a modified quake 3 engine, i wonder if it could be related.
    nVidia G-Force 6600GT (bfg) pci-e: amd 64 2000+ (939): 1024 corsair ram: 2X 80gb seagate harddisk SATA: plextor cd/dvd-read/write cdrom SATA