Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, sorry if my english is a little bad xd. my video editors as OpenShot, PiTiVi, cinelerra Kdenlive, and others, each time i have a lot of bugs video editors ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Question video editors in linux

Hi, sorry if my english is a little bad xd.

my video editors as OpenShot, PiTiVi, cinelerra Kdenlive, and others, each time i have a lot of bugs

video editors always close suddenly, not properly rendered videos, video editors are frozen.

my system is fully updated, and I have the nvidia proprietary drivers installed and 3d acceleration.

I use gnome.

currently use Ubuntu 10.10 but this problem happened to me all the distributions I've used:
    ubuntu, fedora, opensuse, pclinuxos, pinguyOS, etc, etc, etc.

hopefully can help me.

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    Are you running Compiz?
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

Just Joined!
    over here, a little to the right of england
    I am not sure if this is going to help you, it did help me.
    I tried them all, en ended up with opensuse being the only reasonably stable, reliable distro.

I do a lot of raw DVB TS and VOB stuff, then edit the advertizements out, sometimes convert stuff to mp4 for playstation 3 / android tablet.
    I do not make video myself, so no advice there.....

- do not use gnome. it is buggy, unstable and the cause of lots of graphics related crashes.
    - use KDE, 3.5 (old) or 4.6
    - opensuse is fine, as long as you use yast and do NOT go outside it with stupidly copying tarballs into your system: you will always get screwed that way. anyone saying otherwise, does not know what he's talking about.
    zypper / yast is very fast (much faster than anything else, as a matter of fact) and they are good. which sometimes means you cannot install something, because it would screw your config.

i use
    - PS3 media server for streaming the stuff
    - some cinelerra (packman distrib) (I dont need all those features very often, so experience is very limited)
    - dvbcut (for transfer streams, sattelite video)
    - avidemux-qt
    - mencoder command line
    - devede for dvd ( make a dvd in 10 minutes, without re-rendering your already mpeg-dvd compliant video material !!)
    - ffmpeg
    - subtitlecomposer
    - kaffeine & xine
    - audacity for audio recording and editing.

just my experience,

good luck

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!

Maybe its compiz, install "fusion.icon" package, and disable compiz to use metacity.
    Last edited by dvid; 06-16-2011 at 08:50 PM. Reason: .