Find the answer to your Linux question:
This is getting to be annoying, every time I turn around, KDE resets my Sound Card under Multimedia -> Phonon -> Sound Card back to HD audio, it has two ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

[SOLVED] Kde

This is getting to be annoying, every time I turn around, KDE resets my Sound Card under Multimedia -> Phonon -> Sound Card back to HD audio, it has two in the list, the HD audio, and the sound I currently have, which is the Envy VT sound card by VIA.. Anyway I can prevent it from going back to HD audio, and staying on that sound card? I click apply,, and it still resets it, this is getting annoying, =(. also, my Mic works, then it doesn't, then KDE throws a warning about the sound card being removed, why? Any quick fixes to this/

Quote Originally Posted by richm8026 View Post
    This is getting to be annoying, every time I turn around, KDE resets my Sound Card under Multimedia -> Phonon -> Sound Card back to HD audio, it has two in the list, the HD audio, and the sound I currently have, which is the Envy VT sound card by VIA.. Anyway I can prevent it from going back to HD audio, and staying on that sound card? I click apply,, and it still resets it, this is getting annoying, =(. also, my Mic works, then it doesn't, then KDE throws a warning about the sound card being removed, why? Any quick fixes to this/

This was a known bug in KDE...cannot remember which version. But if you update KDE the problem is fixed.

Cheers!

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by eTech97 View Post
    This was a known bug in KDE...cannot remember which version. But if you update KDE the problem is fixed.

Cheers!
    Hah, I do have the latest.. I have Arch Linux installed, and I forgot to add more details.. Under Phonon -> Audio it keeps reverting back to HD audio under Input, the Output stays the same..

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Quote Originally Posted by richm8026 View Post
    Hah, I do have the latest.. I have Arch Linux installed, and I forgot to add more details.. Under Phonon -> Audio it keeps reverting back to HD audio under Input, the Output stays the same..
    What version of KDE are you running? I had the same bug in openSUSE. It does not happen to me anymore. I'm running KDE 4.6.3

I tried to look up the bug number, but the site seems to be having problems

Cheers!