Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Flash-aid didn't help either....
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Flash-aid didn't help either.

Linux Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by ferniferousfern View Post
    I've tried, but no adobe flash player will work on Fedora.
    It works for me on F15 and did on F12 also. I can watch youtube, etc.

Edit: The Fedora Project has a wiki on flash, etc. Have you searched the Fedora Forums?

Quote Originally Posted by kurtdriver View Post
    It works for me on F15 and did on F12 also. I can watch youtube, etc.
    +1

Adobe plugin works for me on F10-15. Typically all you need is to drop libflashplayer.so into /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/. If you're 64bit, you can either use the "pre-release" Adobe 64bit plugin, or use a wrapper. The 64bit plugin has been in "pre-release" for a couple of years, through multiple versions, and works fine for me. It goes in /usr/lib64/mozilla/plugins/. For updates I just download the zip and extract that one file.

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudgen View Post
    +1

Adobe plugin works for me on F10-15. Typically all you need is to drop libflashplayer.so into /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/. If you're 64bit, you can either use the "pre-release" Adobe 64bit plugin, or use a wrapper. The 64bit plugin has been in "pre-release" for a couple of years, through multiple versions, and works fine for me. It goes in /usr/lib64/mozilla/plugins/. For updates I just download the zip and extract that one file.
    Questions: How do I drop libflashplayer.so into /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/ ? How do I know if I'm 64bit? What's a 'wrapper'? How would Iget and put the ''prerelease' plugin into /usr/lib64/mozilla/plugins/ ? Why can't I just use the gnash I installed?

Yeah I'm probably the only person in the world who has Fedora but is not good with computers. I had a thread about my wifi not working and it turned out when I went to 'setup' that it wasn't turned on.

Just Joined!
    I'm not sure what he did, but after a couple hours at it my brother got youtube to work. Now my only trouble is getting a media player to work.

Linux Newbie
    Mjmwired's guide is invaluable for setting up media of all sorts. This is specific to F14, but you can easily adapt it to F12.

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by kurtdriver View Post
    Mjmwired's guide is invaluable for setting up media of all sorts. This is specific to F14, but you can easily adapt it to F12.
    I will get my brother on that as soon as he wakes up.

Questions: How do I drop libflashplayer.so into /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/ ? How do I know if I'm 64bit? What's a 'wrapper'? How would Iget and put the ''prerelease' plugin into /usr/lib64/mozilla/plugins/ ? Why can't I just use the gnash I installed?
    Ask your brother.

Just Joined!
    I had him do that stuff and he said it didn't work.

I had him do that stuff and he said it didn't work.
    Did he say what did?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast