Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Okay, this isn't strictly linux-related, but linux geeks are always the smartest, so maybe you can solve this for me and many, many others. When trying to watch youtube videos, ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

"An error occurred, please try again later."

Okay, this isn't strictly linux-related, but linux geeks are always the smartest, so maybe you can solve this for me and many, many others. When trying to watch youtube videos, I get the error 'an error has occurred, please try again later.' This has been attributed to flash players, javascript, cookies, playback settings, IP, and many others, and I've tried fixing them all. None of them worked. Dozens of complaints have been made to youtube but none of them are ever answered by any youtube staff. If it makes any difference, I have the latest mozilla and latest gnash flash player.

P.S. Pretty sure you'd be legendary if you figured this out once and for all.

I've had that error a few times. And it's occurred on on Linux, Windows and Macs.
    I usually just attribute it to one of two things.

1) It could be a corrupt/missing file on the server.
    2) It could be extremely high traffic hitting the site, and basically you got a generic 'Request timed out' error.

Either way, no business will ever admit to something like that happening... bad for public image
    Jay

New users, read this first.
    New Member FAQ
    Registered Linux User #463940
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help. Please keep it on the public boards.

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by jayd512 View Post
    I've had that error a few times. And it's occurred on on Linux, Windows and Macs.
    I usually just attribute it to one of two things.

1) It could be a corrupt/missing file on the server.
    2) It could be extremely high traffic hitting the site, and basically you got a generic 'Request timed out' error.

Either way, no business will ever admit to something like that happening... bad for public image
    If it's a corrupt or missing file, is there a way to get a new file, or am I doomed never to watch youtube again along with everyone else?

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Are you unable to watch YouTube videos at all? Or is this just happening every so often?
    If it's a constant issue, then it's likely something that can be fixed.

And if a file on the server is either corrupt, or missing entirely, then they would have to be uploaded again or restored to the servers in some other fashion.

Again, though... these are just my own little theories of why it happens. Sheer speculation.
    Jay

New users, read this first.
    New Member FAQ
    Registered Linux User #463940
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help. Please keep it on the public boards.

Just Joined!
    It happens constantly for me, although other people report it only happening every once in a while. It was working fine just the other day, though.

Linux Guru
    Since you're posting on a Linux forum, I'll assume this is happening on some distribution of Linux. Which distribution, which release? What software do you use to try to watch youtub?

If it was working previously, have you made any changes to software recently?

It might be something on the web site which you don't have control over as suggested above.

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by yancek View Post
    Since you're posting on a Linux forum, I'll assume this is happening on some distribution of Linux. Which distribution, which release? What software do you use to try to watch youtub?

If it was working previously, have you made any changes to software recently?

It might be something on the web site which you don't have control over as suggested above.
    I have Fedora 12. Yes, it's old, whatever. I use the latest gnash flash player on the latest mozilla firefox to watch youtube. I haven't made any software changes recently since installing Fedora.

Linux Newbie
    Hi, will it work with the flash plugin from Adobe? You might try uninstalling gnash and setting up the flash player from Adobe's repo. That works for many Fedora users.

Just Joined!
    I've tried, but no adobe flash player will work on Fedora.

Just Joined!
    Try the Firefox add-on Flash-Aid. It solved some screwy problems for me. It may only work for Ubuntu, so YMMV.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast