Find the answer to your Linux question:
I'm having strange problems getting the menus to work correctly with qdvdauthor 0.0.8 & dvdstyler 1.3b. The movies author and play fine but the problems are with the menu buttons ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

DVD Menus with QDVDAuthor/DVDStyler

I'm having strange problems getting the menus to work correctly with qdvdauthor 0.0.8 & dvdstyler 1.3b. The movies author and play fine but the problems are with the menu buttons in both programs. here are the difficulties:

Qdvdauthor:
    The buttons (text only) display correctly on the menus, and if you click on them they play the correct movie clip. But when you move the cursor over then menu items nothing ever highlights. Fine if you are using xine and you can see where the mouse cursor is, but on a stand-alone DVD player you wouldn't know what you are highlighting.

DVDStyler:
    The buttons simply don't show up in the menus. If I mouse the mouse cursor over where the buttons should be the cursor changes, if I then click where the buttons should show then again, the correct movie clip plays. Yet again fine if you are using xine and you can see where the mouse cursor is, but on a stand-alone DVD player you wouldn't know what you are highlighting.

To test I'm using Xine 1rc7 with Xine UI 0.99.1.

For now I'm just using Varsha 0.71 to author DVDs with simple menus with black blackground's and plain blue text.

any thoughts?
    Ubuntu Jaunty :: Arch Linux (current) :: Acer Aspire 1692WMLi

Just Joined!

Same problem

Hi.

I have exactly the same problem.

Did you manage to sort it out?

Thanx,
    Gerhard