Find the answer to your Linux question:
I hope I've posted this in the right section. I'm new to Linux ( Fedora 16 ) I'm trying to move away from Windows 7 and looking for a replacement ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

New2Linux: Secure Ripping & Lossless + Playback

I hope I've posted this in the right section. I'm new to Linux (Fedora 16) I'm trying to move away from Windows 7 and looking for a replacement to my old "setup".

With Windows I use EAC/Dbpoweramp to rip CDs to Apple Lossless and playback via iTunes. I have used other programs Winamp, Songbird, Foobar200 etc but to my shame I like iTunes.

I don't think I have any codecs installed other than those that may come with F16. I don't mind using FLAC although it would be nice to have more options.

Could you suggest a secure CD ripper, file converter and playback software for Linux?

With installation instructions/walkthough I haven't got the hang of things yet.

Thank you

While there are certainly more options available, I've never had any issues with either Brasero or k3b.
    And while I've not used it, Amarok has a great reputaion.
    Jay

New users, read this first.
    New Member FAQ
    Registered Linux User #463940
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help. Please keep it on the public boards.