Find the answer to your Linux question:
I just got a new video card (GeForce GTX 560 Ti) and now some flash games flicker, reloading the window manager while the game is running seems to temporary fix ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

flash games flicker with my video card

I just got a new video card (GeForce GTX 560 Ti) and now some flash games flicker, reloading the window manager while the game is running seems to temporary fix the problem but it always comes back eventually. It's like this with all my window managers and disabling software rendering doesn't help. It's like this with both Flash 10.3 and 11.

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    What nVidia driver are you using - Nouveau or a proprietary nVidia driver? If nVidia proprietary, which is it?
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

Nvidia 290.10

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    Ok. That's the one I use, but my card is an 8800GT card (4 years old). Is this a 64-bit, or 32-bit OS?

That is also the latest production driver for your (and my) card. I'd suggest that you report the problem (bug) to the nVidia support team. FWIW, I have found that they usually are pretty prompt in fixing these sort of problems. I had video flashing (big red/black pixelation) problems back when (4 years ago), and they were able to fix it in a couple of months, which for a big company is not too shabby. Since then I have had no problems with the drivers, and I do try to keep them updated at least every 4-6 months.