Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Make is part of a whole collection of tools for compiling things in general on linux. Everything you need almost guarenteed does come with the OS, but if you selected ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Enthusiast

Make is part of a whole collection of tools for compiling things in general on linux. Everything you need almost guarenteed does come with the OS, but if you selected a default installation, they didn't get installed. Just use whatever package manager you can, and install the developer stuff- the tools and the headers. It really shouldn't be that hard.

The site has links to RPMs... I'm suprised you didn't see them. However, as of yesterday, an important security update was released, and they apparently haven't updated the RPM page yet, so you'll want to recompile anyways.
    Emotions are the key to the soul.
    Registered Linux User #375050

Just Joined!
    What do I do when I have installed every possible selection from the package manager, making double sure I installed all of the developer parts, and it still says that make is invalid?

Just Joined!
    suse 9.1 doesnt come with all of the make packages and stuff... i dont think... try searching their ftp site for the packages

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!

rpmfind.net

I'm a newb to linux, but I got make at http://rpmfind.net.

Just search for 'make' and then pick the appropriate version.

There are rpms there for mplayer also.

Mike

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2