Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello everybody, I am a lapsed Linux convert who has recently come back into the fold. I've had a really good experience over the last few weeks, playing around with ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

How do Linux power users acquire, organize and play music?

Hello everybody, I am a lapsed Linux convert who has recently come back into the fold. I've had a really good experience over the last few weeks, playing around with Ubuntu and Scientific Linux in dual boot setup. One of my goals is to explore what Linux veterans consider the most elegant and stable solutions for general usage. And for starters I was wondering what is the best time tested simple method for acquiring, organizing and playing music files in terminal/command window.

Over the course of time I would like to acquire enough skill in unix command line to move to Arch or Gentoo.

Thanks for feedback.

Down and simple, install mpg123 to play mp3 files from the command line. For Ogg Vorbis, ogg123. Sox is good for playing all files from the command line with the "play" command. For something more, try command line players "moc" or "mp3blaster."

Echoes: 13 Command Line Tools for Audio on Linux

10 Console Music Players for Linux | TuxArena
    Linux Mint + IceWM Registered: #371367 New Members: click here

Oh wow, I have never thought about playing my music in command line. I will have to give this a try tonight.