Find the answer to your Linux question:
I'm going to be building a linux(Ubuntu) desktop for some general use and light to medium gaming. I'm trying to decide on a nvidia or amd graphics card. I know ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Question Driver Status as of Now

I'm going to be building a linux(Ubuntu) desktop for some general use and light to medium gaming. I'm trying to decide on a nvidia or amd graphics card. I know that nvidia just released some major driver updates, and was wondering how the drivers compare to each other in low-mid range cards.

Linux Engineer
    I personally prefer AMD, but I have used both Nvidia and AMD with no problems.

If it was my money, I would get one of the new AMD Trinity fusion processors. CPU/GPU on the same die, has very respectable performance, and price is very low.

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by mizzle View Post
    I personally prefer AMD, but I have used both Nvidia and AMD with no problems.

If it was my money, I would get one of the new AMD Trinity fusion processors. CPU/GPU on the same die, has very respectable performance, and price is very low.
    Sounds like a smart idea. I had been considering an Intel processor with HD graphics, but to get one with good graphics you have to spend a couple hundred dollars.