Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi all, I broadcast a live stream over the internet, however the amount of people that can connect is limited by my homes internet connection. I was wondering if it ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Lightbulb music stream- server "bandwidth booster"

Hi all,
    I broadcast a live stream over the internet, however the amount of people that can connect is limited by my homes internet connection.
    I was wondering if it would be possible for me to stream my audio to my server (with a 100MBit connection) and then people to connect to that rather than me.
    This would allow more people to connect because they would all be connected to my server and only 1 connection (between me and my server) would be on my homes net connection.
    Is this possible ? and is there any software out there to do this ?
    Thanks in advance.
    Sam

Can you specify your question, pls.
    - You want to convert your desktop computer into online server
    - You have another computer that you want to connect as a server to internet, and connect your desktop to it
    OR
    - You are asking whether you can upload some info on the Net server of your Internet Service Provider
    In the last case ask your service provider whether you can hire some disk space on his server.

Just Joined!
    I own a server which is connected to a dedicated connection. ( i already own the server) and i would like the server to connect to my local machine that the music will be playing from via an usb sound card.
    I would like my listeners to then connect to the server so there is only a low load on my home broadband because its only slow and cannot handle much upload speed.

If your broadband is slow for the traffic, what about the USB interface. How will it manage with this.
    The replacement of the HDD on your Desktop with SSD may solve the problem, but without more info it is hard to say.