Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
You just have to unpack them in a directory... i.e. /etc/codecs but can be any dir you like.... the important thing is later in Mplayer settings configure the codec directory.. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

You just have to unpack them in a directory... i.e.

/etc/codecs

but can be any dir you like.... the important thing is later in Mplayer settings configure the codec directory..

Hope you got luck!

LS

Quote Originally Posted by xylex_blaiste
    lakerdonald i dont really care if mplayer kicks xine's ass! this' like which distro is better. we all have preferences. we can't close our minds to something like open-source.. . it seems like an irony.. . that's the beauty of it, you can try as many flavors as you want. have both of them. provides the same thing for me - let me watch movies!!! just as long as it's not M$hit media player.. . say the latter is better or even suggest that you use it and then you'd really be a true blasphemer.. .

peace dude and long live LINUX!
    you know i was kidding right?

Linux Enthusiast
    Although you have to say that there are some uses for which Xine is seriously lacking, namely the console/encoding/piping department.

As for preferences, I always find that video playback has too many options to be understandable in a gui, especially since I can get paranoid at times about the quality of playback, and go crazy over hypercharging the post-processing settings or something like that
    Emotions are the key to the soul.
    Registered Linux User #375050

Just Joined!

Using linux

I have been working with linux for a week and i already know how to unpck stuff its easy..... You could also use this forum

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2