Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi everyone, I just want to know has any one got The Elder Scrolls: Morrowind to work if so how. And are there any good rpgs out there that i ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Morrowind on Mandrake

Hi everyone,

I just want to know has any one got The Elder Scrolls: Morrowind to work if so how. And are there any good rpgs out there that i can get my little keybord and mouce hands on.

thanks

I haven't tried, but if it works, Winex/cedega would be the ticket. Head over to http://www.transgaming.com to check it out. They have a free CVS version, but it's missing some stuff (due to copyrights - mostly CD-protections). You can get the full version for $15.

If you're into RPGS, then Neverwinter Nights (bioware) is an excellent. It's based on the D&D 3E ruleset and runs natively on Linux.
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime, doubly so."
    ~Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Linux Enthusiast
    If someone knows how to get it to work WITHOUT cedega, I'd love to know, since I kind of like the game, but my little brother sometimes insists I let him play it, but I refuse to reboot into windows just for one game.
    I'm really torn over World of Warcraft though- I really want to play it, but I refuse to boot windows just cause of one game. I have windows XP installed, although it doesn't look like XP at all on the surface (I like theming), but I really don't like booting into it. I keep it for emergency use only, like when I REALLY want to play some game RIGHT NOW, and it run in Wine.
    Emotions are the key to the soul.
    Registered Linux User #375050

I've successfully run Morrowind on SuSE 9.2 Pro with Cedega 4.1. Interestingly enough, it did *not* work with Cedega on my previous system (Athlon XP 2700+), but does work on my current system (AMD64 3200+). Cedega is a roll of the dice in my experience.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants