Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi all, I expect adding background music to video. On searching I found many suggestion such as; Mixing audio tracks in a video file in Linux Mixing audio tracks in ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Guru

Background music - video editing

Hi all,

I expect adding background music to video. On searching I found many suggestion such as;
    Mixing audio tracks in a video file in Linux
    Mixing audio tracks in a video file in Linux - Unix & Linux Stack Exchange

Could you please share me your experience? How to delete the sound recorded during taking video?

TIA

Regards
    satimis

Linux Newbie
    The audio/video work I've done has been very simple, basically making video from still frames, combining video clips and audio streams. So I haven't needed (or wanted) a GUI to edit things. So for what I've done, using "ffmpeg" from the command line (I think it's called "avconv" now) was perfect. It's fast and has every option I wanted and then some.

But it's command line only so that may or may not work for you.

If you want a GUI, then my suggestion is just to try out the programs listed on the page you linked.

Linux Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by cnamejj View Post
    The audio/video work I've done has been very simple, basically making video from still frames, combining video clips and audio streams. So I haven't needed (or wanted) a GUI to edit things. So for what I've done, using "ffmpeg" from the command line (I think it's called "avconv" now) was perfect. It's fast and has every option I wanted and then some.

But it's command line only so that may or may not work for you.

If you want a GUI, then my suggestion is just to try out the programs listed on the page you linked.
    Hi,

I prefer running commands to get the job done.

On that link there are many suggestions I wonder in which way shall I proceed?

Code:
    $ ffmpeg -i input_video.mp4 -i audio.mp3 -shortest output_video.mp4
    works here but with poor video quality.

Code:
    $ mencoder output.mp4 -o video_final.mp4 -ovc copy -oac copy -audiofile audio.mp3
    also works here with good video quality.

I'm now searching around for the solution adding a running banner on the video. Have you ever come across this technique before?

Thanks

Regards
    satimis

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close